2020 GT...5500 miles...falling apart.

Just a side note. I recall the recall for the 04 and 05 bikes that had the output bearings installed backwards, the broken spring detents, etc. Every new off the drawing board bike has some teething issues and there is a thing known as "infant mortality" on new products. It's owners working through those issues with the dealer or factory rep to sort the 'unknown problems.' If you think each new iteration of the Goldwing came off the assembly line sans any faults from inception, you're not seeing the reality. I have an Eastern Beaver headlight relay on my bike because the factory wired the headlights through the ignition barrel, an issue not corrected until 2010ish. Patience is not only a virtue, it's a necessity.

In reality....im thinking ....ok the bike rolls off the end of the assembly line ready and stamped as a pass. Humans check these things so there is room for error. We all have days or at least moments when we are not 100%...the missus was grumpy...kids need clothes...stuff going on in the head...and before you know it theres another bike coming off the chain. Things get missed i guess....shouldn't do..but...so i like to do my own 'go over' plus it helps you understand the guts and bits on the bike. Take the radiator shroud off a 'GT' and see how you go!..theres hidden plugs and bolts you just dont see when standing there looking at the bike. I just took all this off yesterday in order to get the bike wrapped to protect it from stone chips. All these bolts need to be tight or bits come loose and they do vibrate loose some of them cos i have found some not as tight as you'd expect them to be...It's just a no brainer to me. I have done it to every bike ive owned.

This thread reminds me of the joke about Harleys: "One of the good things about owning a Harley is that the odds are good you can find replacement parts for your bike in any roadside ditch." :roll:;):)
My heatshield along with its screws and bosses are laying alongside the road in southwestern Ohio...happy hunting. 🤪

Attachments

• 20210719_185857.jpg
    20210719_185857.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 20
Back