TDSU or output shaft bearing problems

I ain't Flip,
but I'm skip, and I'll answer ya.
When mine went out it sounded like a rear brake dragging.
Mines an '07 too and had it 6 weeks from new,
at least new to me,
it was a demo back then,
anyway it took 6 weeks for the part to come in,
but Triumph replaced the entire rearend assembly at no cost.
Them, standing by their product,
is why I bought my wife a rocket last year.
Good luck with yours.
skip

Thanks skip I am going back to shop today to ask more about what the issue is . am praying it dont take that long to get it fixed.... GRRRRRR .I am road capt for local CMA chapter and needs my scoot > I'll post later today with more info. remember ride it like ya stold it LOL ..:cool:

Welcome Bubba, looks like you qualify for what they call an upgrade kit. That kit includes all the major issues the model has had since it came out. Good dealers will give a loaner, and the whole thing takes an honest 3 whole days of work to complete. Good luck

Thanks for the welcome. I sure hope triumph takes care of me .... I do love my rocket ... But cant aford to repair it like a harley . I'll keep ya posted !!!!

repaired

Well guys sorry I havent gotten back ,BUT Ive been riding hard LOL:D ,But here is what they did ,,,
Bearing, Torsional Damper
Bearing, Ball, 45x75x16, sealed
Gasket, output shaft cover
seal, oil 40,62,6, clockwise
gasket, output shaft cover
o-ring, 60x2.0
That was all under Good will policy.
I had to pay for 1 bearing,torsional damper

I think about 2 weeks !!!!! had to wait for parts ...they did try to blame it on me pulling a trailer . I said why do you think I bought a bike with the HP and Tourqe... he smiled and walked away >>>>>>.

Bearing

Add one more to the list. My 07 rocket with 14,700 miles has a failed bearing with the exact symptoms as described earlier. Triumph refuses to fix it or help me or admit they have a problem. Oh by the way, the bearing is not marked, I suspect it is a ABEC 1 rating (why else would it just fall apart or why would they not mark it), the bearing was well oiled but the ball bearing spacers fell apart, I do not plan to put that same Triumph bearing back in, found ABEC 7 bearings on the net and will spend the extra money for something that will last. I will never buy a triumph again. 15,000 bucks and I have to work on it. I am going to put this thing together and sell it and tell everyone what a piece of junk triumph makes. How many other cheap low quality parts did they use? Sure it is fast but at what price? I don't trust it or the manufacturer. They had a great opportunity to blow HD away but blew it because they valued higher profit over quality. I regret the day I bought it.:(

..travis, how ya making out?..it's a shame Triumph won't step up and cover this one..but at least you have the ability to do the work yourself and you know it will be done right..best of luck to ya..

I got it back together. Required about 20 hours of work. Works great now, just flushing oil through it to get it all the crap out of it. Not an easy fix, had to make several tools on the fly in order to get it apart. I love the bike but it frustrates me that they took a perfect design and then allowed a purchasing agent to buy cheap parts. I have filed a civil suit against them so we will see how that turns out.

Back