taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae
the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a
wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if
you can raed tihs forwrad it

Mil spec

You have to have MIL specs or you wouldnt know what to use Eh. Part of my AF career was spent reviewing Mil specs and up dating them to more stringent standards..Not just bearings. Your welcome..BJC Yea I'll give YOU the requisition code...HAHA. Where did I say I used any bearing??? Now dont get your panties (the pink ones)In a knot..Still love ya

Last edited:
update on tdsu problem

Hello,

Got my bike back today. Bike is back to normal except for the dings in my black engine which now has silver gouges. Dealer says they make a touch-up engine paint. Not what I wanted to hear. No gouges at all would have been much better. I've seen 3 different tds units and all 3 have different bearing configurations. It seems that triumph hasn't figured out the solution to this issue. Did get a complete oil and filter change under warranty. Rightly so. Rode a little tonight, but had to cut the ride short since my engine light came on. Back to the dealer tomorrow morning for the fifth time since mid april.
Will it ever end?

Markc

2008 Rocket TDSU bearing failure

Jack:

All bearings no matter how inexpensive will have a catalog number on them that describes torsional load, contact area, expected life, shielding properties and other things.

I always thought you knew that being an atomic technician and all. Maybe you just emptied wastebaskets on base.........?

Taiwan is the name of a Country. Capitalize that. You also need a space between the period after 'now' and the slang 'Gonna'.....:D

I've just had the same problem on my 2008 Rocket with just over 2,000 miles on the clock. There are no markings whatsoever on the bearings :eek:

Honestly, I've never seen a bearing without a catalog number, even specialty bearings. All bearings (that I've ever seen) are serialized either on the inner race (outside flanges) or on the outer race (outside flanges). Ocassionally, they will be seralized on the dust shield but normally they are not simply because when a beasring fails, the shielding usually gets chewed up. Under ISO standards, the nimber has to be there. It may be all numeric or a combination alpha/numeric. I can't believe that Triumph would buy bearings that weren't serialized accordingly.

output shaft bearing

Yeah it does happen to 08 Models, mines 1 month old, 2600ks, sounz f...g terrible when it lets go. Warranty jobby, BUT, should not be happening.!! STILL.
Was having trouble engaging 1st, an with it jumping out of second, told all was well on visit to dealership, then this. Whats next ??? Will take a long time to heal this wound. Not rushing out to buy another Triumph.

Yeah it does happen to 08 Models, mines 1 month old, 2600ks, sounz f...g terrible when it lets go. Warranty jobby, BUT, should not be happening.!! STILL.
Was having trouble engaging 1st, an with it jumping out of second, told all was well on visit to dealership, then this. Whats next ??? Will take a long time to heal this wound. Not rushing out to buy another Triumph.

I have this mental picture of a little Englishman sitting on a stool with his cup-o-tea and a crate of bearings sitting next to him....... As the TDU assemblies trundle down the assembly line, he grabs a bearing, examines it and installs it, carefully installing the bearing on the first TDU correctly, shielded side facing rearward. The next TDU the shielded side gets put on facing forward and he mutters to himself....'she loves me, she loves me not'......:eek:

Must be the union rep.

It's costing Triumph a lot of profit. You'd think it would be addressed ion some fashion. I realize it's a complicated piece of machinery with many moving parts and machinery breaks. If I was running the show, I'd address the problem rather than taking action on a piecemeal basis.....get to the root of the problem and correct it.

Flip I have a 2007 rocket 3 classic with 10,000 miles on her ..... just took it in for 10,000 mile tune up. I told them I have been hearing a clicking noise comming from rear end .He tells me a bearing issue .Sounds like it may be the same thing.?? i guess they have to pull part of engine apart to fix it . they are going to try to get triumph to do a good will thing and see if they will pay , any suggestions ?????????...:(

Back