Some of the Japanese Sports bike have a steering dampening systems in the head stock (for want of a better word) and I have seen home made steering dampers using the unit from VW Kombi vans on Bikes I haven't checked but you probably can buy an after market unit for most bikes ,I personally never ride no hands and only rarely one handed to flex my fingers and get circulation going in my hands and arms,
IT only takes one TANKSLAPPER to bust your ass so CARTIRES and TRAILERS can be deadly so I stay with the proper set up and tires designed for motorcycles I ve had some scary rides on Dragbikes with Flat race slicks and they will put you in some outrageous TANKSLAPPERS on the big TURBO FUNNYBIKES SO stick with motorcycle tires for street riding thats what they are designed for And towing a trailer can get you in serious trouble whats going to happen in an emergency stop from 80+ mph its going to be a scary ride for sure

images.jpg

I can't confirm if she is an actual slapper, in that very English sense of the word, but she is clearly touching the tank..

I read this entire thread and I gotta say, my idea of a tank slapper is way different to all y'alls...
YES MIKEHUNT you are a BAD MAN

images.jpg

I can't confirm if she is an actual slapper, in that very English sense of the word, but she is clearly touching the tank..

I read this entire thread and I gotta say, my idea of a tank slapper is way different to all y'alls...

Well, she could slap my tank and yank my bar back and forth...Oh, sorry wrong kind of slapping.

IT only takes one TANKSLAPPER to bust your ass so CARTIRES and TRAILERS can be deadly so I stay with the proper set up and tires designed for motorcycles I ve had some scary rides on Dragbikes with Flat race slicks and they will put you in some outrageous TANKSLAPPERS on the big TURBO FUNNYBIKES SO stick with motorcycle tires for street riding thats what they are designed for And towing a trailer can get you in serious trouble whats going to happen in an emergency stop from 80+ mph its going to be a scary ride for sure
I'll stay on the dark side :) The trailer is set up with electric brakes and I recently added a Redarc remote control unit on the bike so I can adjust the braking on the trailer. For the all up weight of just over 800kgs, she pulls up very quickly.

YES a lot of the mechanics tighten the head bearings to much and that will cause tankslappers
Actually I think mine was not tight enough. If memory serves correct, the manual tells you to tighten to a certain torque, then loosen 1/4 turn. I believe that's where most of the problems come from.

images.jpg

Oh, Messr. Hunt, you nasty boy...

Tank-top slapper:

T3_burtonladies4.jpg

Professional Grade Tank Slappers:

images
1911893ae5cf715d702af560c5039d8a.jpg

yamaha-r6-sexy-girl.jpg

images.jpg

I DO LIKE where you be going with this particular "tank slapper" concept!!! :eek: :inlove :oops: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :roll: :D

I don't normally do this but I took both hands off the bars to adjust my helmet whilst doing 70kph & the handlebars started wobbling from side to side gradually getting more violent.
I tried it at a few different speeds & it only seems to do it below 75kph. It's fine at 100kph.

The bike is a 2015 Rocket X running a Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear & Avon Cobra on the front.
I took it to the dealer & they checked tyre pressures, wheel balance, steering head bearings & couldn't find anything wrong.
They've booked it in again next week to have another look.

I did notice that the bike steers slightly to the left when I let go of the bars on a flat road surface.

Is there anything else I could get the dealer to check?
I have ridden my roadstar for as long as 15 minutes hands off. Balanced perfectly. Never managed to be able to do that with any Harleys I have rented over the years.

Back