Mysterious air hose under tank

JackMcCornack

.020 Over
Ride
2004 Triumph Rocket III
I'm installing freshly washed injector nozzles, and I have an extra hose under the tank. Yes I looked where it might plug into, do you think I'd accept this risk of public humiliation if I hadn't looked? And failed to find it?
Here's what the hose looks like. I'm going to lie down with a cool rag over my forehead, in hopes someone will say "That goes to the blivet block," and somebody else will tell me what a blivet block is, and how to find it on a 2005 R3.
R3AirHoseUnderTank.jpg

I'll look it over better in the daylight, Jag, but I already have two vent hoses attached to the tank and didn't see a place for a third one. I'm a fan of minimizing air pollution, so I don't want to leave a tube open that's part of the emissions control system.

Is there a hose currently on the MAP sensor? From what I could see on that pic my first guess was also the tank vent line. Re-port the pic, but do it as a full image instead of a thumbnail and maybe we zoom in on it. If you were messing with the injectors, the MAP is right there, so it's a good possibility it got knocked off.

If I’m looking at this correctly? It goes on the gas tank, vent/overflow tube. See if it has a check valve further down the line and it will terminate on the evaporation canister?
yes you are correct its either cap drain or the hose running to the roll-over valve. Attackes under the tank left front
20170903_134339.jpg

Is there a hose currently on the MAP sensor? From what I could see on that pic my first guess was also the tank vent line. Re-port the pic, but do it as a full image instead of a thumbnail and maybe we zoom in on it. If you were messing with the injectors, the MAP is right there, so it's a good possibility it got knocked off.
I blew it up its not map hose

Right you are, sonny, it was the vent hose for the coolant overflow tank. Apparently it got pulled down and back a tad, but I scootched it back forward and it fit just right. What a maroon, as Mae West and Bugs Bunny used to say.

Now I need to start a new thread. Either I'm going to sell this bike in the next couple days, or I'm going to store it 'till spring. If the latter, I'm going to need storage advice...yeah, sounds like a new topic is in order.

Back