Plug for rear light is under the righthad scoop ( rear brake lever side ) .....from memory (which is poor) it is a black plug with 3 wires blue/red/white .... might need a clean

Actually, I believe the taillight wire is yellow. I tied into it as the on/off trigger for my tach and gearshift indicator.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Will look at it tomorrow........was going bonkers looking for an answer

Your'e welcome...just to add a note-
The wires will become obsolete now so maybe you could re route them to OUTSIDE the headlight housing. Theycan now be used for LED strip lights which you might like to fit under the tank or somewhere....when your'e at your buddies havin a bbq you can put your lights on park and bingo!...led's light up showcasing the bike...cool!

Your'e welcome...just to add a note-
The wires will become obsolete now so maybe you could re route them to OUTSIDE the headlight housing. Theycan now be used for LED strip lights which you might like to fit under the tank or somewhere....when your'e at your buddies havin a bbq you can put your lights on park and bingo!...led's light up showcasing the bike...cool!

Cool idea...I might have to do that.

No visible rubbing on wire :(

Checked the plug Alan, the loom side of the plug seems dead when I put a voltmeter across it, I've got LED's fitted, could it be something to do with not having a pilot light? seems odd as I fitted the LED's a while back.

Just curious, but are you running rear shocks shorter than 12.5 inch?

No...Sorry, i meant the headlights. When the factory head light is replaced with a LED headlight, there is nowhere for the park light bulb to be fitted. Most folks would pull the bulbs out and tuck the wires in behind to keep them out of the way. As the fitting is a "spade" type ..... 481770130.jpg ... this is what allows the contacts to touch. It only needs the earth and live to touch and"pop"...the fuse is gone and so has your tail light as they run off the same fuse.
Gotcha. Good to know. I forget what I did with mine. I wonder if my tail light is working.

Aaaargh! it's not the pilot bulb holder. Fitted an EB kit, which removed the pilot light wires, and still no tail light! Help!

No...Sorry, i meant the headlights. When the factory head light is replaced with a LED headlight, there is nowhere for the park light bulb to be fitted. Most folks would pull the bulbs out and tuck the wires in behind to keep them out of the way. As the fitting is a "spade" type ..... 481770130.jpg ... this is what allows the contacts to touch. It only needs the earth and live to touch and"pop"...the fuse is gone and so has your tail light as they run off the same fuse.
Thanks Tal, I am going to out a set of black Daymakers on mine sometime over the winter

Come on over - and I'll trace it for you.

If only Chris :( At this rate I may still have the problem when I repeat last years trip this August (hopefully stay on this time!) in which case I will pop in! (pop in anyways if that's ok with you?)

Back