How does one test go/no-go on a Crank Position Sensor ?

I made these demos a while back for someone asking same question on T'Rat forum

(if you to the actual YouTUbe links, there are notes in the info on the LED config and meter reading)

I honestly doubt there is a CPS problem - but it's possible.

BTW, Bike Bandit went down in my estimate, withdrew the money before telling me it was backordered. Another place I tried didn't, told me it was backordered first. I'll watch the videos later, Kevin, but the tach signal going to 0 when it acts up kinda rules anything else out, I think. Tach doesn't come from coils on a Rocket, as R 3 turbo and claviger both posted in this thread, I think.

@Tripps - our bikes did not come with tachs . . . have to be added aftermarket . . . and short of a hack of the ECU, the trigger pulse that the tach counts and divides by time -- that pulse has to come from somewhere, and most obvious place to take it is the coil leads, with three from which to choose. Too, the tach needs power to operate (and mine has a third lead for light).

I chased the coil issue because it was the most obvious place, but I'm pretty sure it's the crank sensor, both r iii turbo and claviger posted that in this thread, and I also found another thread where Decosse posted the same.

Back