Stebel Air Horn installation

What kind of problems did you run into? Can you be more specific, it might help with my decision on how and where to mount. Possibly I will even have to wait till I get my highway bars on if thats easier to install on.

For some reason I don't get email updates so I missed this. I may have just had a lemon but the pump had a mind of its own. Sometimes it would work and sometimes only a little air would come out (only one tone would work) and occasionally it didn't work at all. I just gave up on it and installed the electrics. The other issue I had with the air model was I found it difficult to give just a quick, friendly, "blip" of the horn because it had to build up speed/pressure I guess. Kind of an "all or nothing" deal.

The picture and description posted by Hanso (above) is exactly what I did.

The other issue I had with the air model was I found it difficult to give just a quick, friendly, "blip" of the horn because it had to build up speed/pressure I guess. Kind of an "all or nothing" deal.

That's actually a big reason why I'm considering paying extra for the Screaming Banshee kit. Can still toot-toot, but hold down the button and the big horn kicks in.

My Stebel good for short or long blasts. No need to build up anything, but I didn't separate the bits. Any delay must be due to the air line.
+ 1 and I have mine separated with a good yard of airline in between no delay instant and I can blip or BLOW the suckers, the only issue I had is originally I had the opening facing forward and if riding in heavy rain the horns would fill with water but one push of the button soon cleared that and the second push would give a good sound, I turned it around faced the open backwards and now it works perfectly All the time

I've read somewhere that the horn should be instant.. one guy said he installed 10 feet of tubing to test it out and it is still blasted instantly with all the house. On my previous bike the airhorn was instant with the button, easy to do a quick toot or an obnoxious blast!

Back