Stebel Air Horn installation

Horn up Front..Horn Directly Behind...Mounting Method..Intake Hose...Electric Version...Mines in Behind...I Liked The Horn
How And Where To Mount...Vibration Might Fatigue...Screwed Myself..Split The Horn In Half...Unfamiliar With The Internals
What the Feck's going on :D

RJ

I split mine and put the compressor under side cover along with the relay it does not take up much room ... how big is your FZI fuse block as there is a lot room under that cover, other wise you may be able to put it under the right hand cover as there is also some spare space that it would fit into, I am talking about the compressor as the horn fits nicely where the original went

I split mine and put the compressor under side cover along with the relay it does not take up much room ... how big is your FZI fuse block as there is a lot room under that cover, other wise you may be able to put it under the right hand cover as there is also some spare space that it would fit into

Hmm... I have checked under the right side cover, but I recall it being full of stuff in there.... I'll have to check again. The trick here is that the compressor needs to be installed vertically. I'll have to check.

Where did you install your horn? If you installed it on the front where the stock horn is, how do you mount it? Did you make a bracket or something?

Srangly enough I did not need a bracket as it fits nicely between the vertical bars of the frame work under there just a little twist a shove and hold your mouth the right way and in she goes but face it backwards or it will fill with water and then it don't sound so good, mine has been there for near on 4 years

Srangly enough I did not need a bracket as it fits nicely between the vertical bars of the frame work under there just a little twist a shove and hold your mouth the right way and in she goes but face it backwards or it will fill with water and then it don't sound so good, mine has been there for near on 4 years

Face it backward? holy crap LOL that would scare me every time I press the button..

Is there any chance you can take a couple of pictures of how your horn is set in there? Did you not attach it with anything? From what you said it sounds like you just shoved it in there and its stayed for 4 years..

Well, there is a solid mounting bolt that holds the stock horn, under the headlight. I was just there installing the fog light kit (bought my bike before Triumph stopped nickel-and-diming riders and actually included those in the package). Bending some sort of bracket and mounting the horn there should be doable.

Just don't use the stock horn cables, won't feed enough power, needs a relay. Otherwise, maybe you could fit the compressor under the seat? Hmm, maybe not enough space.

There might be space in the wiring area under the tank assuming the compressor can lay flat and you get something bike-sized, not truck-sized. If you get a chrome two-horn solution and create a good bracket where the stock horn is you could have them pointing straight out front even, for that maximum in your face thing.

Just brainstorming.

Yup!! it has just sat there except I had to go in and change the plastic tubing I got from hardware store as it had hardened and cracked
image.jpg

I extended the Stock horn wires and used them for Earth and switching wires to relay, check polarity and which is live with ignition on and you press the horn button it is negative switching, on the relay please note that as it is negative switching you need to reverse the negative and switch input wires on your relay and still run a heavier wire from Battery to relay and from relay to to horn they draw a higher current

Link Removed
This a picture of Dawg68's installation of his FZ1 Fuzeblock if you look above it to the right there is a bit of flatalloyplate for additional relays, I cut this of and my Compressor sits there I drilled a hole in the air box and used a a bolt with a washer and nylock nut to attach the compressor there and still had room next to it for a relay for the horn, A friend and I have just ordered one FZ1 each (same shipping for two as for one) have just ordered a FZ1 and will mount in same place as Dawg has as it seems to be a good spot

Back