Statrer problems ie stator

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
I was at my shop/dealer and was talking to the shop mgr. and he was talking about a lot of rockets were have problems with the starting as in the stator going bad and that maybe I should think about changing / replacing that while the engine is out Does anyone know of any problems like this or what I have 78000 on the bike and would like to do this now rather than have to pull the engine again if there is going to be a problem I just hope this is not a ploy to get more money for labor/ parts as they are getting enough as it is. He had stated there were starting problems related to the stator I was just wondering if anyone had these kinds of problems and while Im at it ...how long or how many miles are they good for and is it worth changing out now even if I have not had any problems...Im just trying to cover all problems that could be fixed while the engine is out so I wont (hopefully) have to do this again....(knock on wood) Thanks

never heard of a Rocket with stator probs..but I do remember a few posts over on the VTX boards about such matters..my motto is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it..

Might be worth doing the STARTER motor mod.. the stator however... not featured as a problem on this site as far as I remember..but is it worth doing?? consider insurance... a payment for something you hope you never need....

Back