Jlewis

.020 Over
Ride
2014 R3T
Hello all!
I think I need to replace the stator in my 2014 R3T.
I've tested the grey rectifier clip and have shorts to ground, so I am pretty sure that is a bad stator. Should I be checking for anything else before I consider replacing the stator?

Short to ground
Is bad replace
Do u have the special tools?
Probably not. What should have on hand before I get too far?
I do have the drawing for alternator puller. Thanks to Paul Bryant

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-161900.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-161900.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
R u a mechanic?
U need two diff castle nut sockets
A wrench/tool or home made tool to hold the flywheel.
Torque wrench to install the flywheel.
A lot of information which u can get by researching the threads below this thread. Several people have posted pictures.
U also need a way to hold engine and lift frame or visea versa.

R u a mechanic?
U need two diff castle nut sockets
A wrench/tool or home made tool to hold the flywheel.
Torque wrench to install the flywheel.
A lot of information which u can get by researching the threads below this thread. Several people have posted pictures.
U also need a way to hold engine and lift frame or visea versa.
I am not a mechanic but manage with the manual. I do have a motorcycle lift for the engine and a rig that will lift the the frame. I do a bit of my own wrenching so I have torque wrenches and other tools, nothing special for this job.
I've been buried in the threads and manual contemplating whether or not to take on this task.

I am sure u can handle the job with a few pointers.
1st remove oil sending unit or u will break it.
I am sure u will get a lot of help.

You can get away with a drift for the castle nuts but correct torquing is problematic when refitting.

It is possible to leave front frame mount in place and tilt the arse end of the frame up to get to the alternator cover but I found it easier to lift the frame off completely ... it's a pretty easy job just takes a little while.

Back