so did you take any pictures ...
I hate taking my bike to a dealer for anything, so if I cna do my own adjustments under there...

you make it sound like it might be easy to swap cams as well...:D

Reg

Changing cams would be easier then getting all the shi* out of the way to get the cam cover off.Just take your time.I do one thing each day then lay In bed at night retracing my steps.Course I have all winter and try to make projects last to keep from getting cabin fever.Ha You know how crazy old people can be. Just look at Fliper.HOHA Most jobs like the 10.000 mile ck. are pretty straight forward but,you must have the shop manual.Although I have been finding mistakes in it.Like the dot thats suposed to be on the lower cam gear that ain't there.Give things a try the feelings of satisfaction plus the money you save are unparalled.. Jack

oh I hear you on doing it yourself, I prefer to do that, just never really had a lot of engine internals open ...

wasn't too long ago I ventured into tearing the carb apart on my then brand new HD sportster...so gettign bolder, but seeign that photo ..yeah I can do

thanks,
now just need to think about my 20,000 mile service check in my garage

While Iam putting spike back together heres a pict of his rad. puke tank that fits under the fuel tank.Was gona move it to a more accessible place for checking but found I can top it off with the wifes turkey baster where the tube hooks under the rad. cap..THHE Crazy Jack

Ya know those large ribbed rubber boots on our spark plug holes thats supposed to keep water out of the deep hemi head holes.Well they don't seal worth a shet. When washing the bike I must have gotten a bit of water in there and on two holes the plugs look like they are 10 years old with corrosion.The only way for the water to get out is when the cam cover gets hot enough it makes steam,and with the current running through there its a heaven for corrosion. Mabey mine were just a poor fit but it wouldn't hurt to ck.Blowing them out with compressed air and using some kind of grease to seal the ribbs at the top might prevent it happening again..---ROCKY wasnt it you that was asking what the 12 mm allen was for in the tool kit??-It fits the end of that cheap spark plug wrench in the tool kit..Btw all my cam cover bolts were only finger tight when I took them out..All valve clearances are within tolerance.This ck. is really not that hard for what some have been charged for it. Even lifting the cams if you need shims is easy. Crazy Jack
I replaced my spark plugs at 20000miles no sign of corrosion at all, I wash the bike more than I wash myself I did make sure that the rubber boots were well seated before I dropped the tank.:confused:

Back