What happens when you over tighten the oil drain plugs?

just tried to do my 1st 500 miles oil change.. once i took out the main oil slump bolt. now i can't get the bolt back in it just turns around like the thread is not engaging. any ideas ?? strange one this is on a rocket 2016
Lube the O-ring with oil or petrolatum, you have to get it in place before the threads engage.

I'd use oil as petroleum jelly can cause certain polymeric o ring to expands when it absorbs it...
YOU can use teflon tape on the drain plugs and no need to over tighten them they will not leak or come loose the teflon tape creates an interference fit and seals

Ok got a mirror and touch to look up into the plug hole. All looks fine and aligned I might use a toothbrush and brush out the thread. And lube up the o ring

Ok got a mirror and touch to look up into the plug hole. All looks fine and aligned I might use a toothbrush and brush out the thread. And lube up the o ring

All fixed ;)) I just had to softly bang it into hole then the thread engaged and I was back in business don't up firm no leaks at all.......;))

Back