Sound options for '08 Touring?

Wayfairing Man

Air Force Redneck
Ride
2008 R3 Touring
New owner of an '08 R3T here. I'm wanting to get some music on my ride, and am surveying the options, between the bullet and soundbar styles of speaker and the in-helmet options. For those of you who've tried them, which would/did you choose? I'm strictly a full-face helmet Man, due to the USAF and Tricare, so keep that in mind. I'd like external speakers, but the handiness of either a wired or BT helmet is pretty compelling. I understand that anything mounted to the bike, will require a dedicated power source, and a bit of wiring to the keyed power supply, but that's not terribly difficult.

Thoughts?

Unless you want to spend a lot, annoy everyone around you while in motion or stopped, and have speaker pods all over your bike go with in helmet speakers or earbuds with bluetooth. ;) :D

If you under-spend you will not be able to hear anything much over 30mph in your helmet either but everything else still applies.;):roll::roll::roll:

A buddy I ride with has these: Boss Audio Systems 600 Watt Bluetooth 3
He uses his phone via bluetooth to play music while we ride. He has had a set like this for many years and moved from his old bike to his new Indian. When riding, I can here the music about 25 feet behind him at highway speed. I guess they are good.

Howdy.

I've tried several brands but always go back to Etymotic.
The ER4XR are pricey (>US$300) but worth every penny if you listen to music a lot or just want premium sound.
The downsides are a lack of in-line volume adjustment and 90 degree audio jack plug which creates a stress point. The new models let you replace just the cords now.

They have several products from $70 on up and also sell sound enhancing ear plugs for hunters that double as gun blast reduction protection.

You can find them cheaper on Amazon and other online retailers.

New owner of an '08 R3T here. I'm wanting to get some music on my ride, and am surveying the options, between the bullet and soundbar styles of speaker and the in-helmet options. For those of you who've tried them, which would/did you choose? I'm strictly a full-face helmet Man, due to the USAF and Tricare, so keep that in mind. I'd like external speakers, but the handiness of either a wired or BT helmet is pretty compelling. I understand that anything mounted to the bike, will require a dedicated power source, and a bit of wiring to the keyed power supply, but that's not terribly difficult.

Thoughts?
Cardo packtalk bold... helmet mounted Bluetooth.... great audio quality, adjusts the sound level to ambient noise, is voice activated...

+1 to the Cardo Packtalk Bold. As RCs of the Patriots MC we all use these to communicate when group riding. Great quality, easy set up. When I'm solo it's also what I use although I have a batwing with inbuilt 6 x 9s on the Rocket they don't auto adjust for ambient noise. Small button on the left handlebar that controls it.

The Cardo is bluetoothed to my iPhone 6S. I use Spotify for music and if on a long trip just make sure that I have a great playlist. 'Hey Cardo' option is great. It also has in built FM radio tuning but I don't particularly like listening to radio and prefer my own playlists. I'm a musician as well, and use in-ear monitoring whilst playing - these also convert to ear plugs when I put in a wee attenuator. I cut out the wind noise but can still clearly hear my music. I can also hands-free answer the phone, ask Siri to text (not very successfully mind you)

I like the in helmet systems - that way I'm not getting sideways glances from others about my music choice either! :)

Back