Sorry about that

bonnie

.020 Over
O.K. that last post I did was pretty stupid. I am just really trying to figure out how to use this site and don't have any experience with this sort of thing. I had to try something to see if I had it figured out. The more I read, the more i can see that you guys have probably heard all the smart comments already. I just have to figure out how to do this to pass my time, (wintertime). Or else I will go crazy here with my wife and daughter, who I dearly love, but subject me to hours and hours of reality T.V. while I have two perfectly good Triumphs sitting in my garage. Now that you know I am capable of asking smart ass questions I would like to ask a stupid question. A serious but probably stupid question, just because I don't know and haven't had the opportunity to check yet since I just bought the Rocket. Its this, Am I correct to assume that I can't jack my Rocket up on the same floor type jack I use for my America since there is no frame, only motor, or is it O.K. to place the jack under the motor? It is nice to be able to get it up in the air a little to polish the pipes and so on but I don't feel like it would be a wise thing to do.

If you have a m/c jack (available cheap at Sears or Harbor Frieght), you can position one bar under the rear engine mounts (the two tabs where the engine is clamped down during manufacturing) and the other goes under the front engine casing. Flip, of Flipmeisters Specialty Products, is developing some sort of lifting aid that will help with this process.

I don't know about a simple floor jack under just the engine casing.

Lift mine under the engine all the time, did it yesterday installing dyna beads in the tires. Never had any problems with it.

I have my bike in a 12x24 shed in my back yard, I ride it in jack it up under the engine with a sears ATV JACK AND SPIN THE BIG BEASTIE AROUND , no problems at all and I have been doing this for 2.5 years. Be familiar with the engine check out where the starter motor is you do not want to damage the starter motor. :D

I have my bike in a 12x24 shed in my back yard, I ride it in jack it up under the engine with a sears ATV JACK AND SPIN THE BIG BEASTIE AROUND , no problems at all and I have been doing this for 2.5 years. Be familiar with the engine check out where the starter motor is you do not want to damage the starter motor. :D

Runt. I push start mine all the time just for kicks. :D

thanks

It is a M/c jack I am using on my America. I just didn't know if I could use it on the Rocket. Sounds like it can be done so my back is grateful for your replies. Bending over to ties my shoes is becoming more and more difficult so the thought of bending over to polish wheels and pipes really wasn't looking to good.

On a serious note, I was going to buy a jack myself, but my best friend bought a motorcylce lift (one of the air job types like you see in shops) and has told me multiple times I can use it any time I like so I'm off the hook for the time being. Of course, I've not tested his offer yet. Maybe, I'll call him this weekend just see if he will indeed bring his lift to my house. :D

I will probably invest in one of those lifts myself eventually. Have been wanting to for awhile but all this M/C stuff comes out of my allowance and then the Rocket came along and the lift idea is back burnered again! I think they can be bought for around $600 or so............Maybe I should buy my wife one for Christmas?.......Naaaaaaaaa, that would maybe cause me to loose my other allowance!

The good ones are pricey. Locate every back alley Harley wrench in your area. Almost all are felons and/or piss poor businessmen. it's just a matter of time before they screw up either with the law or financially and go out of business. Their tools, etc... go cheap when that happens. I've seen pro quality lifts go for as little as $200-$300.

Back