Some facts about the 12/20 min reset.

Penner

Supercharged
Ride
Honda Helix Kawasaki W800
When you get your new Triumph it has a map that already works pretty good. But these maps are all the same and as you will never have two bikes coming from the factory that are exactly the same, it will start to make adaptions to get everything sorted out perfect. This is mainly the idle stepper motor adjustment and correcting fuel maps in closed loop area. You have short term adaption, that will rule when you are actually riding and long term adaption, that will work right from the start. So the longer you have your Rocket, the better it will have adjusted itself.
This is a pretty good basis to start with even if you go for a tuning map.

The "reset adaptions" or "12 min reset" should only be done, if you had trouble because of a faulty sensor or another problem that mixed up the ECU or fitted a new stepper motor.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: An A+
i have never done a 12 minute
jmo i think it is more likely to cause a prob that fix a problem.

I changed batteries it stalled 3 or 4 times on initial start, so I did a 12 minute tune, probably actually 20. Shut it off, didn't start until next day, started and ran normal. I think the only other time in 10 years is when I readjusted the stepper motor. Not sure if it was necessary or just coincidence

Back