Soon to be R3Touring Cranberry owner in central Florida

Hi redwings, I have been lurking here too for a while. I do not own a Rocket three as of now. I am riding a 2010 Kawasaki Nomad, which I've had for five years since new.
I am no longer comfortable on my v-twin, and have been thinking about a change.
I see that you owned a Gl1800 Wing. Can you tell me what you thought was the reason why you chose not to keep it? Was it a comfort issue?
I also used to own a Gl1800 back in 2003, and have been considering them again.
I am drawn to the Rocket though. I want to be in a more upright seating position. The feet forward slouch on my Nomad is getting to be a problem.
I like the less bells and whistles of the Rocket tourer compared to the Wing.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks, and take care, Eric
Hello Eric and welcome from VA. (Pardon my stealing your thread for a moment Red). Please go over to the introduce yourself thread and tell us more about yourself Eric and exactly what you do and don't need in your next bike. from what you have said here, I think an R3 Touring would suit you fine. It has many options for seating arrangements and I use them all on my long trips to stay limber. I do several 10-12 hour rides a year and still like to be ready for action afterwards. I have a Beadrider seat cover for hot weather and use Hippo Hamnds for cold, the R3T is my favorite bike out of 28 I've ridden over 35 years.

[Hey REDwings,
This is BIGMIKE in FI,FL, south of JAX, FL Are you going to be at B-fest in OCT? and can I have you INFO--CELL & Email?
I'm working on patch ideas for the Florida R3Owners, and want to get the suggested pics out to all in Florida that we know of, so that we can get a consensus, and hopefully meet up in Daytona for B-fest and discuss it further over liquid libations. probably do a fair bit of riding as well.

You can contact me at CELL 904-383-9782 or EMAIL mikenkathi@Comcast.net

Thanks & congrats on the Cran R3.. I just bought a new -used with 19K and "stretched my legs" on a state HWY last wkend. Somebody has to explain to me how an engine can start from any gear, doesn't need to be shifted with a clutch-"fingers, WTF", and can go 110mph and not top out of 4th gear. Some MECH needs to explain it to me. I'm going to affiliated Triumph dealership for a 20K thorough exam to find out what I paid $8000 for. But dude's I'm hooked & crooked, and have become a "steely-eyed" Rocket man.

YES. Let me explain. Friday day, talking with my daughter 3PM MTN time. Friday nite I have a meeting with some friends (Bikers & others) from 1945-2100ish.
Saturday night I'm going to a birthday celebration, eat-greet-meet from1900-2130.
Sunday I have church (Bikers & others) from 0730-1000ish. If you can come down, you are welcome to come to any meetings with me except my church meeting. It is a closed affair. I can explain that to you over the phone if you wish. But you are welcome to come UP and stay at my house when I go to these functions or you can come with me and maybe do a little riding after with the Boys.
I can ride locally--Putnam, Clay and St. Johns County. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat, and cannot be out longer then 4 1/2hours.

Call me, and I will clarify any ??? 904-383-9782

safe rid'in
Bm

Had a great day Fingers. Thanks for coming-up and showing me the mods, and work-around's; gassing up my vehicles and driving me to pick up the R3T; I was just getting around to asking you to do a little light dusting at the place, when your wife mysteriously called. I didn't hear a phone ring.

See ya at B-fest...stay in touch my friend
safe rid'in

Mike, Also enjoyed the day .Got drenched on way home about 50 miles of heavy rain.No harm no foul that's a part of riding the (sunshine state).Put charger on jeep all is well this morning with it. I'll çheck the other car in a bit.thanks again for the steak it was delicious. Fred

took a rubber mallet, and well you know the rest. Also spoke to Ridefree today while I was shopping for the tools, and he suggested putting the nozzle only about 1" down. That and putting the paper or rags over to cover any gas back-splash should do it. I guess I need to pull my head out of @$$ (got dinged for a colorful Navy Term on an earlier post).

Stay in touch, Bro. I might come up that ways. I got a friend that loves to ride, and knows all of Florida. I'll call when I'm 10 minutes out---so be ready!

Back