I rode one once..my cobber had it out for a test ride...found that on the corners it tried to stand up and i was having to hold it down to get around comfortably...may have been the fact i had just got off my Storm to ride it...wasnt impressed....thats just me tho...they do sound nice!
It's that 240 rear tire. If you're not used to it, handling it can be cumbersome. I just happened to be coming off a drag ZX14 with an extended swing arm and 240 rear so it was a breeze for me. I had a D&D exhaust on that 110 engine which was downright nasty!!!

I've had 3 HD's all very good bikes. Two of the Triumph's I've owned have failed. Just sayin...
I've never had a Triumph fail, mine have had a few problems adapting to off road terrain at slightly elevated speeds. I also found that the rider can travel further once off the bike than the bike can, being it's a fat pig :)

Last edited:
It's that 240 rear tire. If you're not used to it, handling it can be cumbersome. I just happened to be coming off a drag ZX14 with an extended swing arm and 240 rear so it was a breeze for me. I had a D&D exhaust on that 110 engine which was downright nasty!!!
Not entirely the 240 tire i dont think....The Rockets i have owned with 240 tires handle way better than the Harley did...just a whole different stance and rider position for me...felt uncomfortable..but hey!..each to their own.

Not entirely the 240 tire i dont think....The Rockets i have owned with 240 tires handle way better than the Harley did...just a whole different stance and rider position for me...felt uncomfortable..but hey!..each to their own.
Yes I can agree to a degree. The stance and ergonomics of the two machines are completely different.

I think I would cry like a little girl if I had to buy my first Harley 😁
You made me smile Sandy. I thought the same this past July when I bought my Road King. The only reason I bought it is because Triumph has stopped making the R3T and probably will never make a big cruiser-touring bike in the foreseeable future.

The current R3s are amazing for sure, but not cruisers. I wrote a review on them when the 2020 models came out. That does mean I won't buy one someday, but for my long trips, I need what the R3T has and therefore, added the Harley to help share the workload. It has served me quite weel in 4,400 miles so far.

@Majaste good luck with your trike. Let's see a picture of it when you get a moment.

This is the bike I cried over. It was my first Harley and I put a bit of time and money into it. This is the machine that got me back into biking after a 20 year hiatus.
08464B7B-C5A6-4F9F-9B47-BA8450BD9B6A.jpeg

You made me smile Sandy. I thought the same this past July when I bought my Road King. The only reason I bought it is because Triumph has stopped making the R3T and probably will never make a big cruiser-touring bike in the foreseeable future.

The current R3s are amazing for sure, but not cruisers. I wrote a review on them when the 2020 models came out. That does mean I won't buy one someday, but for my long trips, I need what the R3T has and therefore, added the Harley to help share the workload. It has served me quite weel in 4,400 miles so far.

@Majaste good luck with your trike. Let's see a picture of it when you get a moment.
The RK is a Classic Harley and definitely can tour better that the new Rockets but I like the Indian Springfield better.

Just before rolling her out.jpg

Back