Rob, if you stop at the truck stop in Spokane give me a shout, I will come say hello. And if you don't, use your right hand and wave towards Fairchild AFB, that's where I will be. ;)

bob

Haha, already past it. Sitting at the bottom of the mountains cooling off before I start, possibly the last leg.

I'll say this, 26 to 12 was much longer, but didn't feel like it. 90 just beats the crap out of you across WA. The wind is rediculous over time. I'm WAY more fatigued today and I have only been on the bike 10 hours.

90 from mile marker 30 in MT, up to marker 10 in Idaho is tons of fun!! Had a new Corvette to play with through all the sweepers in that section. Good times, would be better times with another R3 along lol.

Had I known I could have taken the day off and met you in Missoula. It's only a 3 hour ride from the house. Next time. And 90 is brutal, once you get just a little west of Spokane and hit the farming country it is hot, dry and windy. The ONLY reason to take it is to make time. Otherwise 2 is a little better.

bob

I have a weird thing going on, rear tire is cupping/scalloping pretty badly, not sure if it'll come through in pics. Only on the 3/4 to full lean parts of the tire. Pressure is what I always run, 38psi.

Guessing it's just a side effect of going for long periods of time at fairly high speed around corners. Sticking great, feels great, just going to ignore it since I'm not going Emax next time anyways.

Just a curiosity I've never seen the Emax do before.
20190711_182200.jpg
20190711_182147.jpg
20190711_182157.jpg

I run 40 to 42 lbs.

But then again I'm pushing 230 lbs and carry crap in the panniers.

I don't get to ride at high speed unless I'm following someone with a radar detector like @Tal or a cager going at a good clip.

At a fairly constant bank angle?
Yes, long fast sweepers with a relatively high bank angle, near or at the point of dragging on a stock roadster I'd guess.

Im going to try 40 and see what it does.

Other random events from yesterday...
A new BMW 550 tried to play in said sweepers, got schooled by the Vette and I :). It is a surprisingly agile car for it's size/weight with lots of lateral grip.

A BMW GT (definitely modified), decided to play and after we made a left hand turn tried to show off and outrun the loud annoying "Harley" behind him. About 5 blocks later he realized said "Harley" was dead in his ass still, clearly a losing proposition for him. Hazards went on, and suddenly he's "Mr. SpeedLimit".

No explanation of why it was 2 BMWs in the same day, but they make for fun fodder.

I run 40 to 42 lbs.

But then again I'm pushing 230 lbs and carry crap in the panniers.

I don't get to ride at high speed unless I'm following someone with a radar detector like @Tal or a cager going at a good clip.

Same weight and pressure, never had a rear tire scallop, front always did, upped the pressure to 38 front, this Avon is the first ever that didn't, around 3000 miles or better on it.
I thought I was racing a Lamborghini with a big wing on the back, on my K1200GT on the 90 through Iowa once, I pulled along side and gave him the nod, seemed even til 135 mph, but he must have been playing, he put the hammer down, I had a moment of disorientation, like I was moving backwards, he must have hit 200 mph, in 2 minutes he was a dot on the horizon, I was impressed.

Back