How do you not get stopped by law enforcement? I'm a retired correctional officer and I don't take it for granted that I wont get a ticket.

If you stop on the outskirts of Spokane (Barker Road exit in Spokane Valley) the HD shop is there. They have water, restrooms and a gas station close by. Easy access to and from the interstate. What time are you looking at being in Spokane? If you want to get through Spokane before stopping there is a truck stop at exit 272. Not the easiest to get on/off but not that hard. McDonalds across the street, Starbucks and Subway in the truck stop.

bob

eta: FYI Speed limit through Spokane is 60mph, usually less than 10 over is OK, when climbing the hill out of Spokane (after passing downtown) the speed limit remains 60mph until you are on the top and down the road a bit. The WSP shop is close by and they LOVE to patrol that hill handing out tickets.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob!!

So randomly stopped for coffee is Montana and fate struck, I had no idea there's a Triumph dealer here, but...
20190711_110858.jpg

They have a TFC Bonnie in the shop, beauty, but man does it feel tiny after being on the rocket for hours!!

@dealer Had to head back a day early, work needs me in tomorrow, such is life I guess.

I use Waze to alert me to speed traps. Aside from that it's just good speeding hygiene, I:
- Generally stay at speed limit +14mph or less
- Pay attention to cars that speed, if they slow inexplicably, it's usually a sign
- Monitor what vehicles are behind me
- Keep my eyes on the vanishing point so I spot coppers quickly

I also accept, that at times, I'm going to get pulled. My philosophy on speed tickets is a bit different to many people. I speed 99% of the time I'm on the road, so, if I cover 10,000 miles a year and get a $200 ticket, then I'm paying a 2 cent per mile road tax.

Fine with me :)

Thanks Bob!!

So randomly stopped for coffee is Montana and fate struck, I had no idea there's a Triumph dealer here, but...
20190711_110858.jpg

They have a TFC Bonnie in the shop, beauty, but man does it feel tiny after being on the rocket for hours!!

@dealer Had to head back a day early, work needs me in tomorrow, such is life I guess.

Hey, That's Maverick!
I stayed there 4 days a couple years ago waiting on a new rear tire.
VERY nice & kewl guys, they should remember me. They gave me a loaner and took me to a BBQ party - way fun!!!
Say hello for me.

Back