Slipped into neutral and dropped my bike

Anthony

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Once this bike starts going down, it goes down.

I was turning around in a parking lot (slow u-turn like in the MSF test) when, during the middle of the turn, the bike slips from 1st to neutral. I didn't notice until I started leaning and went to give it more power via releasing the clutch more. Nothing but a click and a green "N" on my instruments. I didn't notice the "N" until I was picking up the bike. Pulled my left hamstring trying to save the fall.

I got off lucky with nothing but a slightly bent clutch lever and some scuffing on my left foot peg.

I was turning around in a parking lot (slow u-turn like in the MSF test) when, during the middle of the turn, the bike slips from 1st to neutral. I didn't notice until I started leaning and went to give it more power via releasing the clutch more. Nothing but a click and a green "N" on my instruments. I didn't notice the "N" until I was picking up the bike. Pulled my left hamstring trying to save the fall.

I got off lucky with nothing but a slightly bent clutch lever and some scuffing on my left foot peg.
Ouch, glad you're ok and the bike as well. I have had mine pop into neutral a few times, luckily not in a slow turn...

If you don't want your bike to pop out of 1st gear all you need to do is ALWAYS let the clutch out in neutral before engaging first. Especially important when you first start up but any time the bike isn't moving. Let the clutch out in neutral before pulling it in again and then going into gear. You should get a reassuring "clunk". No clunk and you risk it popping out. Make it a habit and you won't have the problem. If you're rolling to a stop and go into 1st before stopping, that's OK.

yep that's right so far i'm the shortest ass riding the r3 ,people think its too big for me but i tell them it don't matters how big you are if it's going to fall over you an't going to stop it

Yep... Never happened to me. :whitstling::whitstling:
My clutch lever was toast afterwards. Happened in front of a dozen R3 riders on our Harvey Bay RDU.
also bent the left foot control rail.

Back