Skyline Drive Virginia

Rick, keep in touch if you'd like company. I'm pretty flexible these days (not nearly as important at work as I used to think I was ;) ).

I have the SENA 20 if you have something compatible and would like to keep in touch along the way.

And @Taz I do appreciate the suggestion of N. Georgia.

Paul,
Company would be great! If one rocket is good more rockets are better. I will certainly keep in touch.
Will also look into the SENA 20, Was thinking about something like that.

Rick

That's sure changed since when I rode it but of course, everything changed. We rarely saw an police or park rangers. More people, more congestion, more problems.
I rode it coming home from picking up my R3 from Carpenter. Brand new 265hp motor waiting to be opened up, and a cop or forest ranger every half mile. Beautiful scenery, but torturous at the same time.

I rode it coming home from picking up my R3 from Carpenter. Brand new 265hp motor waiting to be opened up, and a cop or forest ranger every half mile. Beautiful scenery, but torturous at the same time.
That's because they were alerted that some crazy Rocketeer with a Carpenter 265hp motor would be passing through.

We rode south to north starting on the BRP. After reaching the Skyline Drive it was anticlimactic. Slow and boring compared to the BRP, which is pretty but still a bit slow. Go ahead and drive it once to see it and check it off the list. If you have a little small cc bike take that instead of the R3 then you can wind it out a little. A Rocket on that road is like hunting rabbits with a 50 BMG.:D

Back