For anyone so inclined - Tune ECU available in northern Virginia

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
I received the Lon-elec cable in the mail today, and plugged it into the USB port of the laptop, and both the computer and Tune ECU recognized it, and readily connected to the ECU.

If anyone here would like to stop by and have this done, you are welcome.

I would recommend copying off your current map and saving that to reinstall if needed, then whatever tune interests you, can be put on the ECU.

It's about time for me to connect TuneECU to my bike and check the synchronization of the throttle bodies. I haven't checked them in a while.

Correct . . . In fact, the cable comes with a 'Read-me first' note that says for Win7 up, let Windows find the correct driver and install it, and that's what I did. For me it really was plug and play.

Glad to see you finally got connected. It took me a long time and many different attempts with drivers and cables. Ultimately the Lonelec was the cure for me too. Now don't screw it up:eek:

I am the dumbest a$$ on this forum when it comes to computers & computer stuff. The Lonelec cable made it very easy for me. Note that I don't know Apple, from windows, from android.
That being said, from reading many many posts on here & listening to some of the nightmare stories, I found that I dumbly stumbled onto good luck in my case: I have an Iphone so can't use that. I don't have a laptop at home & that is where the good luck starts :D.
A while back I got my wife a new Samsung phone, comes with Android obviously & got a Samsung Tablet for a small amount $ as part of the package. So I plugged the Lonelec cable into the Tablet & I was miraculously (for me) able to get the Android to work with the cable (don't ask me how - dumb luck, right?)
I feel lucky about that because I've seen so many people have had trouble getting their cable to work with windows (drivers???).
Anyway, I have also seen others mention that the Android version of TuneEcu is much simpler to use that windows.
And I'm living proof of that because even I have been able to put different tunes on my bike, balance the throttle bodies, change speedo corrections, fan switch, ect, ect.
I know this is boring info to 95% of you guys that know how to do this stuff, but I'm putting it out there for the other 1 or 2 "computer challenged" neanderthals like me. So to you other 2 guys:
LoneElec cable + TuneEcu for Android will make you almost as smart as me
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Ok, everyone can start laughing at me now !!!! :cautious:

Oh, yeah...... And when the app asks if you want to let it enable bluetooth (whatever that is),
SAY NO ! ! ! Don't ask me why I know that :banghead:

I am the dumbest a$$ on this forum when it comes to computers & computer stuff. The Lonelec cable made it very easy for me. Note that I don't know Apple, from windows, from android.
That being said, from reading many many posts on here & listening to some of the nightmare stories, I found that I dumbly stumbled onto good luck in my case: I have an Iphone so can't use that. I don't have a laptop at home & that is where the good luck starts :D.
A while back I got my wife a new Samsung phone, comes with Android obviously & got a Samsung Tablet for a small amount $ as part of the package. So I plugged the Lonelec cable into the Tablet & I was miraculously (for me) able to get the Android to work with the cable (don't ask me how - dumb luck, right?)
I feel lucky about that because I've seen so many people have had trouble getting their cable to work with windows (drivers???).
Anyway, I have also seen others mention that the Android version of TuneEcu is much simpler to use that windows.
And I'm living proof of that because even I have been able to put different tunes on my bike, balance the throttle bodies, change speedo corrections, fan switch, ect, ect.
I know this is boring info to 95% of you guys that know how to do this stuff, but I'm putting it out there for the other 1 or 2 "computer challenged" neanderthals like me. So to you other 2 guys:
LoneElec cable + TuneEcu for Android will make you almost as smart as me
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Ok, everyone can start laughing at me now !!!! :cautious:

Oh, yeah...... And when the app asks if you want to let it enable bluetooth (whatever that is),
SAY NO ! ! ! Don't ask me why I know that :banghead:

If you clean the tablets screen with lemon pledge it work faster and it's easier to see!

If you clean the tablets screen with lemon pledge it work faster and it's easier to see!

I'm definitely going to try that out :thumbsup:

BTW...... I went to a massage parlor the other day. She started off by spraying me down with Lemon Pledge........ I asked her if they had any Peach or Strawberry Pledge........ She went to check............................

I received the Lon-elec cable in the mail today, and plugged it into the USB port of the laptop, and both the computer and Tune ECU recognized it, and readily connected to the ECU.

If anyone here would like to stop by and have this done, you are welcome.

I would recommend copying off your current map and saving that to reinstall if needed, then whatever tune interests you, can be put on the ECU.

Glad you got her sorted out!! How's she running with the new tune?

Back