It's a well known fact that silver engines are faster. S is for speed. And silver. See?

My 07 classic has a silver engine, i believe only the classics had them in 07. 06 was the last year in standards. The silver engines had the issues with second gear breaking, but at this point id say if it was gonna break it would've broke by now.
The second gear problem along with a host of other changes wasn't fixed until partway through the 2008 model year so included many black engines too. I do have to agree that silver is fastest :D
As far as the change in position of the oil drains my opinion is that it was probably done for ease of manufacture. It makes no sense to drill and tap on the ends of the sump which would require additional live tooling when it could all be done in the one plane at one work station.

Last edited:
I like Red :evil:

Attachments

• 841.jpg
    841.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
You guys crack me up. I think it depends on your bike color as to witch motor color looks good. I have a 06 classic red and black with black motor with chrome accents looks good. As far as silver vs black. The black is stealth and undetected by radar.

You guys crack me up. I think it depends on your bike color as to witch motor color looks good. I have a 06 classic red and black with black motor with chrome accents looks good. As far as silver vs black. The black is stealth and undetected by radar.
not the radar they use in new mexico don't ask me how I know

You're right the black gets a pass if adorned in chrome. And no one mentioned bike color because it is undisputed that red is prettiest and fastest, isn't it?:D

Back