camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the silver and black engines are?
I am curious as there has to be a reason they switched, and I am positive that it isn't just a paint color!

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the silver and black engines are?
I am curious as there has to be a reason they switched, and I am positive that it isn't just a paint color!

Thanks
Wrong Kimosabe! It's just paint. I thought the same thing but, No. Someone will chime in here soon and explain the year model, I think 2005 was the last of the silver engine? Too bad to, cause I think it looks a lot better. If I ever did a build I would base it on that color engine.

It's a well known fact that silver engines are faster. S is for speed. And silver. See?

My 07 classic has a silver engine, i believe only the classics had them in 07. 06 was the last year in standards. The silver engines had the issues with second gear breaking, but at this point id say if it was gonna break it would've broke by now.

There have been a few updates over the years, but the color change was purely cosmetic. A number of bike rags called the silver engine ugly and suggested it be painted black to make it blend in more. Personally i like it to stand out as its kinda the whole point of the bike.

It's a well known fact that silver engines are faster. S is for speed. And silver. See?

My 07 classic has a silver engine, i believe only the classics had them in 07. 06 was the last year in standards. The silver engines had the issues with second gear breaking, but at this point id say if it was gonna break it would've broke by now.

There have been a few updates over the years, but the color change was purely cosmetic. A number of bike rags called the silver engine ugly and suggested it be painted black to make it blend in more. Personally i like it to stand out as its kinda the whole point of the bike.
EXACTLY!

silver is fastest and with out all of that black paint on them they run cooler.:roll::roll:
and the silver has less resistance so it cut through the wind better. silver is always better i mean which would u rather have a silver dollar or a black piece of lead.;)

must be terrible to want a black motor and not be able to get one:roll::roll:
is this fun or what:D

Back