Silver Engine Powder Coat Problem

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Is anyone else having an issue with the powder coat on silver engines? Mine is bubbling and cracking all over the motor.. I have 3 pics below.. and another one that that is worse that I forgot to load, but the powder coat is cracked pretty good in it. This just started happening over the last 6 months or so.. If it keeps getting worse, I guess I will have to strip all I can off the motor, remove the powder coat, and paint the engine.. probably a gun metal gray color..

Around the exhaust the powdercoat is starting to come off on Donny's 2005 silver engine as well. Big job to fix it ... bugger hey.

Yep.. it's kind of a pain, definitely not attractive... It probably wouldn't be noticeable if the engine were black but it's really noticable with silver. I just don't know why it's doing that. I can understand around the exhaust, (which actually isn't the worst spot) but the rest of the engine doesn't get near that hot.. the ol' motor runs great though!. :)

Yep.. it's kind of a pain, definitely not attractive... It probably wouldn't be noticeable if the engine were black but it's really noticable with silver. I just don't know why it's doing that. I can understand around the exhaust, (which actually isn't the worst spot) but the rest of the engine doesn't get near that hot.. the ol' motor runs great though!. :)

Your bikes just getting that 'windswept and interesting look' like it's been places and has stories to tell ;)

Yep... getting ageing like a fine wine, I suppose... :) She has seen a lot of miles.. some awesome, most the more mundane trip to work and back..

Here's the pic that I left off yesterday.. This is from the left side of the motor.. Wow, I look fat in that reflection!.. lol

Back