Should I tour the factory?

RTNAPL

.060 Over
Hello everyone,

There is a strong chance that I will be in London from 5/25-5/31, not on business, just for fun. Has anyone toured the Triumph Factory? I think it is only an hour or two from London so the temptation is to see where my Kate was born. On the other hand, if someone has seen it and recommends I spend the time seeing other famous British landmarks I am open to suggestion.

And there are a lot of them, be sure to check out WWRY in the West End...unless you are into country music.
Dennis

Yes Yes Yes And Yes

Here's a link to a map with distance and directions from London to Hinckley.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hinckley,+UK&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

I think you have to make a reservation before you go to insure getting in. If I remember correctly, there's only 2 tours a day and limited to around 20 people. I think you can make the reservation through your local dealership or directly to Hinckley.

As to other spots to visit, you can never go wrong with the traditional ones.

Buckingham Castle
Big Ben
Parliament
Westminster Abbey
Tower Bridge
Tower of London [ Crown Jewels, Ravens, Beefeaters ]
London Ferris Wheel

You can also catch buses for 1 day jaunts into the countryside:

Stratford Upon Avon [ Shakespeare's Home ]
Windsor Castle [ Royal Carriages can be seen in the livery stable ]

Just remember...... As a driver and especially as a pedestrian, your first look at an intersection is RIGHT !

theres an email on the triumph website for the guy that gives the tours ( pete?) Its been a few years so I forget, but that his job to give tours, the times I went I got my "ticket" from a Triumph dealer and we all rode down from Yorkshire and made a day of it...

If you can make it go, its awsome, plus you may see colors or bikes not yet out....
don't expect any answers to future questions, they are very tight lipped..

NO CAMERAS or CAMERA phones allowed when I went... gave me a nice pin that said factory tour etc...wish I still had mine

I would do it but I would email them now. I read a while back on another Triumph site frequented by Brits that Triumph had suspended the tours. If you get to go you might get to see some good stuff, they are supposed to be introducing 7 to 9 new bikes this year.

Bring lots of money, the exchange rate is definitely not in your favor, you will go thru a lot of pounds before you are done and your weight will still be the same.
Dennis

Get yourself up to the Ace Cafe if you can, well worth a visit. Pm me for any more advice if you need it............

Back