Shoei neotec helmet

Jag

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
So I just plunked down some hard earned cash on a shoei neotec modular helmet!

I must say its a huge upgrade from my last HJC modular!

Here's my review from the last two weeks of use at speeds up to 95mph.

1: a bit lighter than my HJC.
2: fit is a bit more snug than the same size HJC. Cheek pad area, but getting better.
3: quality, fit and finish is excellent.
4: ventilation is excellent but that comes with the price of more air noise.
5: very quite with all the vents closed, but way to hot for a long term test at this point!
6: the internal tinted drop down shield is great and works excellent and provides sun protection, and ventilation, the external shield opens all the way up.
7: the pin lock anti fog shield on the inside of the outer shield works like a charm and does not fog up when you breath, even in the cool morning with all the vents closed.

I did try on a /schuberth-c3-pro-helmet and it is a very nice helmet but did not fit my head and that saved me an additional 250$

The price difference between on the neotec from least to most expensive is due to the color and has nothing to do with the helmets being built different, according to the dealer.

Over all I would say the neo is an excellent helmet and worth every dollar I paid.

Interesting? Maybe next time I'll consider a shoei? I consternated long and hard and went with the schuberth C3Pro and it's loud as -hit and I'm not sure they put mine in that fancy wind tunnel they like to brag about, but it has zero ventilation. While some people like the quick release ratchet neck strap, I hate it. It cuts right into my adams apple. No adjustments to relocate it and I've even sewn a leather sheath under it to make it more comfortable? Vent settings don't make any difference what-so-ever and I had to add dynamat soundproofing to make the noise level acceptable with ear plugs. The only good feature I do like about it is the drop down sun visor and the ease of the mechanism. Pretty pricey for an average helmet IMHO.
Glad to hear about the neotec. Thanks

WOW! Very surprised to hear what you say about the C3Pro!
I have the new Schuberth M1 (with communicator) and I like the fit and lower noise level and it is an OPEN FACE!
Not much time wearing it yet so my opinions are preliminary.

I checked in with my bro-in-law, who bought the C3Pro a few months ago just prior to me getting my M1.
He has quite a lot of miles wearing his and reports: Good helmet - fit is excellent - noise level a little better than his previous Scorpion - ventilation is excellent - chin strap fit is slightly problematic - fit & finish good. Overall he likes it. If he had a do-over, he would not spend the extra money over his previous Scorpion.

WOW! Very surprised to hear what you say about the C3Pro!
I have the new Schuberth M1 (with communicator) and I like the fit and lower noise level and it is an OPEN FACE!
Not much time wearing it yet so my opinions are preliminary.

I checked in with my bro-in-law, who bought the C3Pro a few months ago just prior to me getting my M1.
He has quite a lot of miles wearing his and reports: Good helmet - fit is excellent - noise level a little better than his previous Scorpion - ventilation is excellent - chin strap fit is slightly problematic - fit & finish good. Overall he likes it. If he had a do-over, he would not spend the extra money over his previous Scorpion.
Well it's not a terrible helmet, but it's nowhere near worth $750+. I actually drilled out the vent holes to try to get more air. Didn't help a bit. The little flip vent on the chin guard doesn't do a thing. It makes me mad every time I try it.........like ok, maybe I'll notice something this time? Nope. It fits me perfectly but I wouldn't buy one again. I have about 8,000 miles with it now and out of desperation the other day, I simply took the clear face shield off entirely and guess what? Much quieter? Go figure. So that's the way I'm using it now. I wear glasses now anyway, and I can still flip the sun visor down when I need it? Duh.......

I have to say the M1 looks awesome but I'm struggling with the open face helmet dilemma? The bigger problem is there aren't any Schubert dealers around here so you can try them on first. Of course that wouldn't have helped me with the C3Pro because it fits perfectly and I would have bought it?:banghead: Don't know of many dealers that would let you take one out for a road testo_O.

Let us know what you think with time and what are you comparing it too.

Back