Seeking Helmet advice!!!!

I've had a J-Wing on my 24+ gourd for thousands of miles, looks like this is the update. I have 8 helmets this is my go to unless it’s high wind. Then its a Shoei X11.

Shoei J-Cruise Helmet

You get what you pay for.

Gotta agree with Scot in exile and the rest on the full face. I used to be a half lid guy but then decided I like my teeth, jaw, face etc. Not to mention its quieter, great in the winter and rain and no bugs in your teeth Skydog!:p All kidding aside I have a huge melon also and have found good luck with my Shoei RF-1100 and my newest acquisition a Scorpion EXO-T1200. The Scorpion is actually more comfortable than the Shoei and has more features incl the drop down visor for almost half the price! Great bang for the buck. Hope this helps...good luck.

I wore a Bell Mag 9 for the past four years. Also liked the Sena com unit to receive the occasional phone call and hear my GPS.
I will start wearing a new Bell Bullitt full face on my ride to So Cal next month.
The Mag 9 was very good for a moderate priced lid.
The Bullitt attracted me for its wide open face, superior lateral vision and retro styling.
We shall see . . . .

@Wrecka
Looks to me to perhaps set a tad forward for the bent over sport bike rider.
Definitely snazzy looking!

I think that the honest answer to your question Akbusa 1 is; "How much is your head worth?" (both to you and your family).

Mine is worth covering entirely, so I only wear fullface helmets. If you're insistent on only protecting 1/2 to 3/4 of your coconut, fluffy cheeks and all, I'm sorry that I can't be of any further help to you with regard to your conundrum.

BTW, these super high quality Bell Star lids flow ambient air like a typhoon:
http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2013/03/bell-star-carbon-helmet-review.html
Bell Helmets Star Pace Full Face Helmet - Chaparral Motorsports

Last edited:
I appreciate all of the responses and advice, I to know the wisdom in wearing a full face, for years it was all I wore while riding sport bikes, I tend to be heavy handed on the throttle when the power is available, then I went to the cruisers, rode in a lot of very hot muggy weather down South, full face was way to hot, so now I have gotten rid of the anemic Harley and bought the Roadster, a good bike to bridge the gap of my Hyabusa and my Streetglide, Ill never go back, LOL
So now after some minor work I find myself being heavy handed again, and its time to wear a bit more on the nugget, it is very hot here in the summer and I figured to give a good quality 3/4 a try, maybe a full face for the winter.
Again thanks for all the suggestion and I have two weeks at work to peruse the internet checking them out.
Cheers

Why be concerned about venting with a 3/4 helmet it is open at the bottom so plenty of vents:D have to agree with the others please if you want to keep them squirrel cheeks go full face.

Yes there is a lot of flow with the open face, but the chimney venting pulls the heat and moisture off the top of your head, thats why I really fell in love with the Schuberth.
If I could get A Schuberth C3, I would go moduler, Revzilla had them 48% off at $329.00 a steel that i should have jumped on immediately, but Didn't:(

Back