Secondary Butterfly Questions

Ok pig9r, so with my current setup of stock pipes, cat bypass and underseat K&N, I'm running oem classic tune 20020 but I've got the secs set at 100% across the board--am I running too lean? That was my original question and I really appreciate the benefit of your experience in this subject.

With the stock exhaust and intake tract in place you likely won't do any damage. They are pretty lean in stock form so everything you change without fueling changes compounds it. If you do anything further you'll need to remap with a canned tune or dyno tune it to be safe and get the most out of your mods.

With the stock exhaust and intake tract in place you likely won't do any damage. They are pretty lean in stock form so everything you change without fueling changes compounds it. If you do anything further you'll need to remap with a canned tune or dyno tune it to be safe and get the most out of your mods.

Thanks, man.

Right, I loaded the map 20352-2 which is a stock map with the secondaries opened 100%, the TPS light did not change from green so I could not do the TPS reset.
The throttle balance when at running temp was cyl 1 - 640, cyl 2- 650, cyl 3 - 620, they were all the same when cold.
Should I have reset the adaption

Went for a 20 km ride down the highway then a few kms around the streets. I had not ridden the bike for a week, but I felt is was better and smoother from low RPM, I am sure it had a lot more decel popping.

Tomorrow I will be ridding into the city so I will get a better feel for any changes.

After my ride this morning there is no doubt noticeably smoother in the first three gears, I am sure it is a little lean, it does surge some in the lower gears at constant RPM.
I can see with a PCV and a good dyno tune to get the air fuel ratio right in all RPM the bike will be great to ride.

Back