Seat mod with air hawk

Geez that is unusual I have seen them do hundred of thousands of miles ( swapped between several bikes with no hassles, I only guessing but I would guess something either rubbed thru ( mind you it is thick rubber) or something sharp had contact with it, something some folk do which is not great for them is to leave them out in the hot baking sun with to much air in them, you are only meant to have enough air to just lift your but of the actual seat, it is not meant to to be inflated till it is a firm cushion quite the opposite it should feel soft and mushy under bum
I have had two go. Both went at the same place - at the "weld" where the material is hardened during the welding. But they were the cheaper vinyl version.

I still use air cushions in the LandRover but did not like the rolling sensation on the bike.

The most comfy seat cushions I have tried are these. Treat-Lite Wheelchair Cushion – Dan Medica South Ltd - I have one on my favourite armchair - bought it when I trapped a nerve in the butt muscles.
They now do a bike version Treat Lite2 Motorcycle Comfort Seating – Dan Medica South Ltd which I have not tried as I had already converted the R3 seat to gel.

I have had two go. Both went at the same place - at the "weld" where the material is hardened during the welding. But they were the cheaper vinyl version.

I still use air cushions in the LandRover but did not like the rolling sensation on the bike.

The most comfy seat cushions I have tried are these. Treat-Lite Wheelchair Cushion – Dan Medica South Ltd - I have one on my favourite armchair - bought it when I trapped a nerve in the butt muscles.
They now do a bike version Treat Lite2 Motorcycle Comfort Seating – Dan Medica South Ltd which I have not tried as I had already converted the R3 seat to gel.

The nerve was a little on the large side :eek:

I have a air-hawk, which gets used on long trips. I wonder if most people get the full benifit from it. If you sit on it with to much air it doesnt really change much except your riding position by lifting you up and extending your legs a little. This is helpful for a few miles. If you really want to get the full benifit, you need to slide the air hawk foreward on your seat and support the inside of your thighs and basically sit on the back part of the air hawk. Your tail bone will be on your original seat. Your kinda sitting half on and half off the airhawk. I find by doing this , I am actully taking weight off my tail bone.

Back