SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE CHECK SHEET - 10K mile Valve clearances - check/adjust

Does the RIII need a 10K(mile) or 20K(mile) Valve clearances - check/adjust

• Total voters
Sorry I can't give any recommendations. I do my own maintenance & repairs. If forced to take it in for a major repair, I would get it to Eurosport Cycles in Fort Worth. Not convenient but the only one I have confidence in. As for the Triumph dealer in Katy? I don't know about the quality of service . I'll skip to the end of that story. I flat out straight up caught them lying and trying to run a scam and bait and switch all at the same time. I have proof of a part of it in writing.The new crew at British USA may be Ok. You could possibly give them a try. The owner and the rest of the dealership are very nice people. If you have a problem they will take care of it. I just don't think there should be any problems at that price level.

I appreciate your recommendations and comments. I'll take care of the oil change and the break and clutch fluid changes. Have done that on the Magna & Valkyrie several times. The R3 manual calls for a throttle body synchro and gas filter change. Letting a computer scan the bike is not a bad idea. That is very easy and it might detect a hidden problem. I'll see if it really needs the valve clearances checked & the plugs changed. Perhaps these items can be delayed until 40k miles. I'll precheck with them an itemized service plan and go from there. It looks like if the bike ever needs major service it is being trailered to Fort Worth. Perhaps the 40k service can be done there. I'll drive over, stay overnight and drive back.

Am I missing any key service issues before I entrust my Rocket to the mechanic?

I appreciate your recommendations and comments. I'll take care of the oil change and the break and clutch fluid changes. Have done that on the Magna & Valkyrie several times. The R3 manual calls for a throttle body synchro and gas filter change. Letting a computer scan the bike is not a bad idea. That is very easy and it might detect a hidden problem. I'll see if it really needs the valve clearances checked & the plugs changed. Perhaps these items can be delayed until 40k miles. I'll precheck with them an itemized service plan and go from there. It looks like if the bike ever needs major service it is being trailered to Fort Worth. Perhaps the 40k service can be done there. I'll drive over, stay overnight and drive back.

The tech at Eurosport has performed big bore kits on TBs and at least one update kit on early R3 that I know of. That's why I trust them. The shops here wouldn't admit they had heard of the update kit, etc. Someone else can better advise on all the maintenance. Or just consult the manual. I don't stress much over routine maintenance much. It is inadvisable but I don't check valve Clarence. None of my bikes has ever needed adjustment so I stopped checking decades ago. If I don't sense any issues I'll check the R3 at 40-60k or maybe never? I just replace worn parts, fluids and filters. But you're doing right to check out a newly acquired bike. Valkyrie, Magna, Rocket III. Can't believe we live so close ride/rode the same three bikes and haven't crossed paths :thumbsdown: Do you still have the Magna? IMG_20160229_130418.jpg Since I got the Rocket I'll have to start calling it Mighty Mouse.

The tech at Eurosport has performed big bore kits on TBs and at least one update kit on early R3 that I know of. That's why I trust them. The shops here wouldn't admit they had heard of the update kit, etc. Someone else can better advise on all the maintenance. Or just consult the manual. I don't stress much over routine maintenance much. It is inadvisable but I don't check valve Clarence. None of my bikes has ever needed adjustment so I stopped checking decades ago. If I don't sense any issues I'll check the R3 at 40-60k or maybe never? I just replace worn parts, fluids and filters. But you're doing right to check out a newly acquired bike. Valkyrie, Magna, Rocket III. Can't believe we live so close ride/rode the same three bikes and haven't crossed paths :thumbsdown: Do you still have the Magna? IMG_20160229_130418.jpg Since I got the Rocket I'll have to start calling it Mighty Mouse.

Hell Yeah... Might Mouse it is. Get is to 6k rmp and it wakes up. The Valkie is Mrs. Silk. Very long ride... Mrs. Silk. Muscle ride... Rocket. Run about... Magna. Life is good.
It's been kind'a hot but i'll ride. I'm in Clear Lake, where are you?

I have also heard good recommendations on Eurosport but I had to have valve shims done on my 05 @ 30,000 svc that was done at RPM Cycle in north Dallas/Farmers branch & they found that one of the cam saddle bolts had been way over torqued & it took them 2 hours to get it out, which they did not even charge me additional labor time to do. the guy I bought mine from had all his svc done at Eurosport so that's where it was over torqued, so I'm Leary.... JMO

I have also heard good recommendations on Eurosport but I had to have valve shims done on my 05 @ 30,000 svc that was done at RPM Cycle in north Dallas/Farmers branch & they found that one of the cam saddle bolts had been way over torqued & it took them 2 hours to get it out, which they did not even charge me additional labor time to do. the guy I bought mine from had all his svc done at Eurosport so that's where it was over torqued, so I'm Leary.... JMO
RPM was willing to stay late or whatever they they cold do to get a tire to me after I was towed to Eurosport and they didn't have the tire at closing time. Two months later I'm in Dallas looking to buy a Valkyrie. The Valkyrie was not up to the standards I was looking for. I decided to look around for one since I'm in the area. End up at RPM, no Valkyrie. But they had a 05 R3 w/1200 miles in like new condition. I went home, called them a week later, bought it over the phone, never even heard it run. When I went to pick it up I realized it's the same dealer that offered to help me with the tire. I had a great experience with RPM.

The pic I snapped when I first saw the Red Bull
IMG_20141126_142418141.jpg

0423161257a_HDR.jpg 0520161154_HDR.jpg IMG_0062.jpg Here's the iron horses

RPM was willing to stay late or whatever they they cold do to get a tire to me after I was towed to Eurosport and they didn't have the tire at closing time. Two months later I'm in Dallas looking to buy a Valkyrie. The Valkyrie was not up to the standards I was looking for. I decided to look around for one since I'm in the area. End up at RPM, no Valkyrie. But they had a 05 R3 w/1200 miles in like new condition. I went home, called them a week later, bought it over the phone, never even heard it run. When I went to pick it up I realized it's the same dealer that offered to help me with the tire. I had a great experience with RPM.

Yea, They stayed after hours on a Saturday for me also....... I think they are a great shop.:thumbsup:

Hey brother Texian, will you post up on this please, & put what city you be in:

Time for a Texas Roll Call

I'm trying to see just how many we have in Tejas..................... So we can start up a Rocket Cavalry Militia - Thanks!

Clint

It going to be hot tomorrow but we can ride in the AM. Let's go.

Back