SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE CHECK SHEET - 10K mile Valve clearances - check/adjust

Does the RIII need a 10K(mile) or 20K(mile) Valve clearances - check/adjust

• Total voters
That check sheet you posted, which includes multiple Triumph models on it, is not specific to the Rocket. The 2014 owners manual and the Triumph Rocket specific workshop manual both state a valve check at 10,000 miles. Nothing changed. It is 10K.

I see this kind of stuff on many sites because I have owned many, many bikes. I get why people don't want to do the checks. It is a pain and\or expensive. Some bikes need no adjustments for many thousands of miles. Some need them right away. I like to check mine to get a base line of where they are at. For me, it isn't worth a burned valve not to check it. A few hours and I know where the valves stand on clearance. Everyone has their own comfort level with this stuff.

That would be good - useful if we could have the bulletin number too so I can wave it in front of my dealer!

I just pulled my Rocket 111 maintenance folder and the 10k service was done on 9/4/2013. I about got into an argument with the mechanic because I thought the valve check should've been done but he already had the notification from Triumph GB that it had been changed from 10K to 20K. I called Triumph GB myself at that time and was told a notification had already been sent state's side and it had indeed been changed from 10K to 20K, I've found that It's always better to cut through the clutter and go directly to the main source.

@coolrocket - did you ever get that email from Triumph?

Not yet Bud, still waiting but like I say They have told me on three different occasions that the first valve check is at 20k miles not 10K., for your own piece of mind just call Triumph GB the number is 44 (0) 1455 251700 "this is where they make the Rocket 3s" they are really super nice and will confirm the first valve check on the Rocket is at 20k not 10K.

Unfortunately my dealer's service guy is not the best :banghead:

If he is not a Triumph certified technician I wouldn't use him. If your bike is under warranty you have to use a Triumph Certified Tech's to do the service or the work if not and something happens to the bike they will just void the warranty and you're on your own. once the warranty runs out you can do it yourself with a sledge hammer and blow torch if you want to? "Not recommended though".

I'm new to Rocket III ownership. The bike I purchased looks to have been well taken care off. The local dealer, British USA in So Houston, has performed all services. The 30k service was performed on 8/2012 @ 26,00 miles. The bike is approaching 30k miles and the service manager is suggesting an extensive service interval visit. I am weary whenever the bike goes up on the lift. Is there any good or not so good feedback from this shop? Any advice from the experienced will be appreciated.

There might be a member or members that have used this dealership but you might look it up on line for reviews. However you could look at see what other reviews are online:Google

Back