Sad tale from Drazen Drazic on FB

I agree on what most are saying but if you look at Triumph's marketing videos they are beating the crap out of the Rocket. A common person who observes this would 'assume' (I know) that they also can race the bike in a closed course like the video shows. Unless they can prove extreme negligence Triumph is wrong. You can't sell a product that makes certain claims and use those claims in marketing and then not expect the consumer to do the same. I stand by Triumph at fault unless they can prove intentional negligence.

Stop giving them ideas, it's on the making anyway.

Most modern car ECU have flags that set if over speed

I remember back in the Fox body days - you break it racing or with modifications no warranty for you - totally dropped

My 2 cents, i agree theyre promos and advertising for this bike shows tire smoking and hoonigan riding style not a problem. i will also say i could destrot a clutch in 10 minutes by not getting that clutch out of my hand when doing burnouts. Did a part fail or did the rider burn it up? I certainly dont know but i do know when i burnt up my last clutch pack it was all me not knowing how to do a burnout correctly, and with tc and other technology i can see destroying a clutch in 1 effort. Havent read of any other clutches burning up yet but im looking and waiting. ( luckily i was in front of driveway when i added a little color to my steels and fibers due to in my case inexperience)

Attachments

• 4A901F3B-F987-41FF-8780-B350C5B09A89.jpeg
    4A901F3B-F987-41FF-8780-B350C5B09A89.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 23
I had one clutch gone just because of the missing free play in the cable, bike was at the dealer before. Also had the Triumph dealer mount the rear Avon tire against the running direction.
This crazy number of gearboxes self destructing without Triumph to recall and also a lot of electrical gremlins with zero responsability taken is speaking loudly about the attention they give to the customer.
No wonder that people drop them like they're hot (no pun intended).

5 years ago i bought a Harley Ultra Limited, clutch went south at 2500 miles, they cgarged ne $1000 for replacing it and the service manager that i have known for almost 30 years from previous dealers and brands, told me that i didnt know how to ride and i burned the clutch, even tho i have multiple bikes and never been abke to burn a clutch even with bikes showing 50k miles😡

5 years ago i bought a Harley Ultra Limited, clutch went south at 2500 miles, they cgarged ne $1000 for replacing it and the service manager that i have known for almost 30 years from previous dealers and brands, told me that i didnt know how to ride and i burned the clutch, even tho i have multiple bikes and never been abke to burn a clutch even with bikes showing 50k miles😡

funny .. I bought a brand new 2018 Fat Bob 114 and the clutch went out on the third ride. They tried to blame it on me as well. they covered it eventually but I learned that I would never buy another Harley. Everything used on the bike is sub par. You are basically buying a shell to mod and make your own. At least with the Rocket everything is state of the art and the performance is amazing out of the box..

Last edited:
funny .. I bought a brand new 2018 Fat Bob 114 and the clutch went out on the third ride. They tried to blame it on me as well. they covered it eventually but I learned that I would never buy another Harley. Everything used on the bike is sub par. You are basically buying a shell to mod and make your own. At least with the Rocket everything is state of the art and the performance is amazing out of the box..
Even funnier, the last Harley i traded was also a 2018 Fat Bob 114, traded it for a 2020 Indian Challenger, so far so good, went on a 4900 mile trip to RAA west, made it home with no issues, done with Harley, unless is a used one and dirt cheap:p

Even funnier, the last Harley i traded was also a 2018 Fat Bob 114, traded it for a 2020 Indian Challenger, so far so good, went on a 4900 mile trip to RAA west, made it home with no issues, done with Harley, unless is a used one and dirt cheap:p

I remember the day i was buying the bike the shop manger was giving me this bull**** about how i am entering a brotherhood and have a family now to depend on. I was like wow .. these guys are super nice. Then post sales i got a dose of reality. Finger pointing and 0 customer service. It’s too bad Harley is historic and its always good to have competition. But my experience with them has been the dumps. Every bike i have owned has had some kind of issue used to be discouraging but Ducati for example covered a $1500 part 1 month out of warranty and asked me to pay for the labour .. this made me a customer for life. Yamaha never let me down ever. Ran like a Japanese watch. Triumph it remains to be seen .. I am not sure if inspecting a clutch can rule out user error vs bad parts but this is not a good sign on their part.

Back