hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Upon inspection of the bike, I noticed that the air filter retainer is missing. The air filter is in place, but it seems to me that a well cared for bike would have the retainer in place. I'm thinking that for a bike with only 4k miles that it would be strange even for the filter to have been checked. It might just be that the bike was run without the filter for better performance. I'm going to check under the filter next time I'm to the shop to see if debris is apparent under the area of the filter and in the air boxes them selves, clean tacky cloth on a wire to wipe the box area a little.

So what do you all think?

I'm considering asking for a compression check done with a leak down capability. Does this seem appropriate? What else?

Certainly the R3R can and is a hoolagan type of bike and in the wrong hands who knows. So I am more than a little skeptical about this bike now. May even ask to have the engine pan dropped to inspect for unusual metal bits.

Thanks in advance for all of your helps

Hoopla

An engine run with air intake not properly being filtered for dirt, and allowing too much dirt into it will rapidly wear the piston rings causing it to burn much oil.............. No good :thumbsdown:

Agreed, and not just dirt.....little stones, bugs.....I have seen cylinder walls from unfiltered engines and it ain't pretty.

in arizona it would be a big problem. in maine maybe not unless u sucked a mouse nest in the throttle bodies:roll::roll::roll:

Back