RPM while cruising at 80mph

I ride with the Harley guys cruising at 80 down the hwy... Difference between my Rocket 3 touring and my buddie's Harley Electraglide...if we're cruising at 80mph and decide I want to go faster, I get on the throttle harder and I immediately accelerate. The Harley...not so much... And as far as torque on take off, unless the Harley had been stage 3 modified they don't have a chance in hell of keeping up...I'll keep my R3T thanks...

Personally speaking i think Triumph got it spot on with regards to 80mph/3000rpm...when ime at those sorta speeds my motor is right in the sweet zone and if i need to pass then just a quick snatch on the throttle and ime this side of a ton in a nano second without playing with gears...perfect i say:thumbsup:
From what I have read, the R3T makes most torque at 2500 rpm. Isn't that the spot you would want to be cruising at? Really can't compare these machines to v-twins anyway.

I ride with the Harley guys cruising at 80 down the hwy... Difference between my Rocket 3 touring and my buddie's Harley Electraglide...if we're cruising at 80mph and decide I want to go faster, I get on the throttle harder and I immediately accelerate. The Harley...not so much... And as far as torque on take off, unless the Harley had been stage 3 modified they don't have a chance in hell of keeping up...I'll keep my R3T thanks...
Good. What I wanted to hear. Have you remapped your engine or done any mods?

Mine is just a cat delete and a power commander(previous owner). have not had it on a dyno as of yet, but it's on the list for this year. As I have said before "135" and still have not found the bottom the throttle. Mine's just the roadster model.

No problem

Mine sits down real nice with a Land rover diff and the third wheel at 100+
28795649_10156226289986202_7225628536684412928_o.jpg
28795649_10156226289986202_7225628536684412928_o.jpg
Very cool, I love your innovation.

I bought a new RT3 2015 and thought it needed a sixth gear. I have put virtually hundreds of miles on it at 95mph and thousands at 80 or 85 and am now comfortable with it. Mist of my riding has been hi speed interstate with my wife also on it. The bike only has 11000 plus miles on it but its been great. I have worn out tires but nothing else. Doesn't use a drop of oil and no leaks. I also would like it to cruise at 2300 rpm's but 3000 or more hour after hour does not bother it in the least. We live in Las Vegas and the heat has not hurt it either. We rode it to Canada last year and have ridden it to Oregon, Northern California, Washington, Montana, Utah etc. Its been comfortable and reliable. I added McCruise control to it which made it a great touring bike. My biggest complaint is it will no longer be made.

I used to think the bike needed 6th gear. I put a K&N on each TB and it had TORS when I bought it. No need for 6th gear any more. Stop thinking Harley. You are on a real bike now.

I still like the low rpm with big torque. I got another bike with 400 horsepower and it cruises at 2000 rpms at 80 mph. No reason the RT# couldn't have added another overdrive gear.

Back