LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
I was putting a new battery into my 2015 Rocket 3 Touring when I saw this "U" shaped wire connector that looks like it should be connected to something. Can someone please tell me what it connects to. I don't think it was connected to the negative battery post at the time I removed the old battery but before I connect it to the new battery I would like to hear from someone that knows for sure. Thanks Dave
TRIUMPH BATTERY.PNG

Thank you my friend. I don't think it was connected to the old battery and that may have caused some problem. The bike will still start with out it being connected. in any case I'm happy you replied and it will now be connected.

All that said... what does it supply power to? I'll have to take a look on mine next time I'm under my seat.
-MIG

The service manual is little help, since it shows the starter going to ground, and we all know, there is cable going directly to the battery, and some of us even go to extra lengths to install an even larger cable there.

If I had to guess, the other decent connection to the negative pole of the battery is from the regulator/rectifier.

Back