Looking at a nice 2008 R3 tour

Some 13's had ABS then from 14 on had them .Would not be a deal killer for me if the bike was really nice.
It will be hard to find a good one in those years. They are very rare around here where I live. No Triumph dealers within 300 miles and
Also get the last six numbers of the vin and have a Triumph dealer check for any problems.
Thanks. My closest dealer is a few hundred miles away but I bet that if I call any dealer they will help me. These R3s are rare bikes and a bit intimidating given the fact they are British engineering. Having wrenched on old Triumph TR6's and other Britt oldies (many years ago), I am not impressed with their engineering. The R3 may be different though and I am impressed with the folks I have met here and your willingness to help and passion for the machine.

This site has made all the difference in my ownership experience with my bike, and I would say you will be in good hands, at least long enough to get comfortable with what you need to do in your situation. And with a hoped-for another ten years support from Triumph, that is many miles and smiles, even if one ends up leaving the bike by the side of the road one day.

This site has made all the difference in my ownership experience with my bike, and I would say you will be in good hands, at least long enough to get comfortable with what you need to do in your situation. And with a hoped-for another ten years support from Triumph, that is many miles and smiles, even if one ends up leaving the bike by the side of the road one day.
Thanks. I posted a link to the bikes listing. Speaking with the guy, he seems like a straight up honest fellow and pretty firm on the price. We will see.

Ask him if he has the front engine guards, they were an added option on the 08, but looks like he bought the rear ones for the saddle bags.
yes, I would love to have them plus those nice saddlebag wraparounds. If I get that bike he will have to come down a bit on the price and I will have to order that ignition bypass kit you guys have been talking about. First thing I will do. Wish I could move the floorboards and controlls a bit farther forward. I am tall at 6'5".

"Does your bike have ABS?"

No, mine does not. The RT3 is an excellent candidate for ABS because without it the rear brake is virtually useless on wet pavement. However, after doing some braking exercises with mine I gained a lot of confidence in what the front brakes will do in wet or dry conditions. I would not hesitate buying another RT3 without ABS, but that is just me.

Back