Rox Risers for R or TFC

Just installed the 2" ROX risers on my GT. I have a slight slight amount of slack on my brake and clutch cables but enough to be safe. Didn't have to adjust or rotate the cables. I did have to open up the head and pull some slack on the wiring but that went well enough. Also had to flip my Lamonster phone mount piece to the bottom to get it to work with the risers.

I wish I could tilt my bars upward about half an inch more but it puts too much strain (any at all is too much) on the clutch and brake cables. But my hands are still a good 1.5 inches higher and it appears to be even more comfortable than stock.

Gotta take it for a spin later to really determine if it helps. Mostly trying to reduce hand numbness after about 1.5-2 hrs in the saddle. My hands are just slightly below shoulder level now.

When my Corbin seat comes in, I'm hoping it doesn't raise me up. I suspect with the extra space on the Corbin I should lower a little bit.

I put on my risers but didn't rotate them fully to ensure I had "chain like" slack on the hydraulic cables. The wiring had enough slack. I did move the controls in on the bars the few mm that the clearances allow.
For some reason, I found the install challenging. The risers themselves prevent access to tighten the 5.5mm bolts that hold them on. and the TFT is in the way. I threw in a picture of the original factory set-up so you can see the change in slack and how much the bars can be rotated back after the rise. ....Nobody is allowed to notice the bugs (Will wash today, promise).

Attachments

• Rox Risers.jpg
    Rox Risers.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 87
  • prerisrrs.jpg
    prerisrrs.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I don't even have my Rocket yet and this forum is helping me. I already have a set of Rox 2" and now I know it is possible to use them on a 2020 R. I definitely prefer the handle bars on the GT but my dealer has a pair of left over 2020 R's for $6,000 less than their 2021 GT's. I can test the R with risers before plunking down the cash for a GT handle bar and install kit. Thanks everyone!

Back