RockyIII with another query.

RockyIII

Supercharged
Can anyone tell me what might cause an idle higher than than stated in the tune. My tune idle in last 3 columns is 850 850 850, but my motor idles around 920-950.

I know that i've tried various tunes but most of the time the idle is as stated in the tune. Some of you may know that I cut the end off my muffler to get rid of the ugly welded on baffle, would a wide open muffler force a higher idle compared to a muffler with more back pressure?

just curious if anyone has knowledge in this area. Cheers all.

The fast idle solenoid is on the front side of the throttle bodies, behind the coolant over flow tank. There is an 8mm nut on a rod that will adjust idle speed. It may be set incorrectly. It's worth a shot anyways.

The fast idle solenoid is on the front side of the throttle bodies, behind the coolant over flow tank. There is an 8mm nut on a rod that will adjust idle speed. It may be set incorrectly. It's worth a shot anyways.
I'm with you this one if it is turned in to far for it to able to drop back that could well be the cause, cutting the end of your muffler would have increased the flow and probally the lower back pressure is make it rev more freely at idle if said fast idle solenoid wont let the bikes ecu back of the idle to its set speed you may just need to back it out a touch:)

I'm with you this one if it is turned in to far for it to able to drop back that could well be the cause, cutting the end of your muffler would have increased the flow and probally the lower back pressure is make it rev more freely at idle if said fast idle solenoid wont let the bikes ecu back of the idle to its set speed you may just need to back it out a touch:)

I thought the ECU would simply report the RPM from the coils and or crank angle sensor?

I thought the ECU would simply report the RPM from the coils and or crank angle sensor?
yeah but the fast idle solinoid acts like a throttle stop and the steper mottor brings it back against it when backing of the idle, I could well be wrong but when you think of it compre it with the old carbie days when you set the Idle mixture you were if fact adjusting the mixture screw in till the maximun rev's are reached you then backed the idle stop screw till you achieved the correct idle speed :)

yeah but the fast idle solinoid acts like a throttle stop and the steper mottor brings it back against it when backing of the idle, I could well be wrong but when you think of it compre it with the old carbie days when you set the Idle mixture you were if fact adjusting the mixture screw in till the maximun rev's are reached you then backed the idle stop screw till you achieved the correct idle speed :)

Yes I agree, but the tach is stil governed by he signal it gets, the engine won't rev beyond what the coil timing ECU will allow.

the motor is breathing better from the muffler can change. Needs a full ISCV reset along with resetting adaptations. This is all included in the tune boy method I can not speak to how it is done with tune ecu, but I am sure it does it.

Once this has been done then if the problem is still there we can move further dow the chain.

cheers chaps, I'm nodding towards the different tune, rich idle thing, at the mo, I'm very happy, have a massive rpm limit and triples tune combined. Goes so well, even think I can add more fuel down low.

By the way,, is there a risk of adding too much fuel to clear back popping or should I accept some without going too far in the L tables?

Ben from Brazil:)

Back