Rockets Across America III

Hey everyone.

I just got in about 15 Minutes ago, have been in Little Rock all day.

The rain was steady all day long, causing power outages throughout the state. We left Little Rock at 8pm this evening and drove through some intense rain, but it cleared once we reached West Arkansas.

Right now in Fayetteville, it's just a mild mist. Eureka is probably getting a bit more. This will likely last through the evening up to noon tomorrow - if that long. Based on what I'm seeing on the radar, rain could come and go for the rest of the evening. Oklahoma and Texarkana appear dry.

Hope this helps,

Safe trip everyone. The radar is somewhat encouraging this morning around the state of AR. Looks like it has moved north. Be careful and have a good time.

Have a great time, and above all, be safe. I wish Lisa and me were going. We have reservations to take the kids to Myrtle beach this weekend, right in time for hanna to hit. :mad: Can't reschedule without losing my deposit unless they call for an evacuation.
Bring back lots of pics.

Since Ray Ray is MIA, it's time someone got the ball rolling and Flip has been busting my chops...
I'm going to bow out on this one but I hope to make the next.

Geeze, I can make it a business trip. All I have to do is pack some goodies in a saddlebag and it's all tax deductible...:D
Leave it to Flipper to see an opportunity and seize it. No sense in letting the gummit have more than it deserves.

Again I pray a safe and eventful ride for everyone!

I very much look forward to ALL the pictures. Particularly of Flip waxing seats.

Last edited:
Journey to ES

I went to bed at 10pm Wednesday night and was wide awake at 3am, I tried to get back to sleep but to no avail...............(Little kid waiting for Christmas syndrome?)

So I finished up heading out of Howell, Michigan at 420am. The first few hours were dry and I made good time. Just before I clocked up 400 miles the sky blackened and the heavens opened so it was time to don the rain gear. It made the next 240 miles not a great deal of fun especially in Missouri where the strong gusting coldish winds had me glad the R3 is so heavy and wondering whats the earliest I could check in a motel.

Managed to clock up another 60 dry miles at the end of the day, which more or less dried out my rainsuit.

Called it a day and I am currently holed up in a Super 8 in Lebanon, MO between I-44 and Route 66. (Flip you'd be amazed, it fairly new, clean, guest laundry, WiFi, nothing dropping to bits or any bad odours, free gratis newspaper and breakfast and not a dark swarthy type in sight!)

700 miles behind me (sheepskin butt pad purchase was money well spent!), hopefully the crappy weather will be long gone tomorrow when I have approx 150 miles to do to get to ES.

Looking forward to catching up with y'all

Almost There

TM..... Glad you made it through the storms. Radar was tracking nothing but rain throughout Missouri yesterday and early this morning. Looks like it's heading N.E. at a pretty good clip.

The KC Riders will depart at 10 am tomorrow. We've got 6 in the group and it should be fairly dry.

Glad to hear about the butt pad. I just got one this week from Alaska Leather and it seems to make a difference.

ES or Bust!

Dave

Roger and I won't be making it either. We met up in Rockford and decided not to ride through all that crap between there and St. Louis. It was raining and blowing so hard it my rainsuit started coming apart. And it was supposed to be worse as we moved South. Rockford is only an hour from home for both of us so we just decided to head back. Maybe next year.

Back