Rockets Across America III

The rain we're getting right now isn't what I would call "torrential", more like average rain.

The thing is that were going to get a steady stream of water for another day, 100% tomorrow. Thursday is still anyone's guess, weather.com is saying that the chances are 70% - which means that they are being conservative until better information is available.

If you're coming up from the south, do not ride the road that is part of the planned path for Saturday (Hwy 23 / The Pig Trail ). It's a great road, but no fun with water on it.

As for Hotel Availability, I think you'll find places in either Fort Smith or Little Rock. I checked Hampton Inns at both cities for arrival on Thursday the 4th and all Hampton locations had availability. Hampton locations in Clarksville and Russelville (both on I-40) had availability as well. Staying at any of these locations puts you within a casual-riding distance of Eureka Springs.

I'm rolling out about 2 this afternoon for Gun Lake. Most likely in a rainsuit from the get-go. Predicting T'storms in the afternoon. That's good. We have had the driest August on record since 1930...21/100ths of an inch of precip. Yesterday I contracted 40+ acres of clover over wheat stubble. to take off when I get back. It's up but sparse. Needs a good steady rain to add volume and some height. The dealer came and picked up the M9 yesterday...It's getting a new engine. Been having some lubrication issues...dry starts. Not just the R3 has issues...any infernal combustion engine can and will have them.

T'storms bother me. I don't like riding in electrical storms. You stick up like a whisker on a clean shaven face...a lightening rod if you will. Rain is no problem, but boom-boom and I'm under a viaduct.

roll out... 1700 hrs.

we're headed out at 1700... eta to league city should be right at 2030.:D

we'll see ya'll there!!!!!!!!

greg

Wow, sounds like me and Snuff are lucky. I don't have to head out until tomorrow morning, and Snuff doesn't have to leave until a couple hours after I do.. lol

Here we come

Packed the trailer last night . . . just made the decision this morning . . . We'll see you in ES.

Baggage, Scot . . . what route are you planning on taking? Deb and I may head up through Brewton, Montgomery, Birmingham, Tupelo and Memphis. Looks like less rain and there are CHEAP hotels available. There may be some around Little Rock but not much around Jackson - Vicksburg and Little Rock from here is quite a haul for one day, especially on two lanes. I'm like Flip . . I'll look at cobwebs and torn wallpaper. Just wanna catch a few ZZZ and then hit the road again.

Heard from Daryl yesterday and he's been feeiling poorly. Said he was going to decide today so we should be hearing from him too.

texarkana....

Wow, sounds like me and Snuff are lucky. I don't have to head out until tomorrow morning, and Snuff doesn't have to leave until a couple hours after I do.. lol

dave,

we'll see you and snuff in texarkana thurs. p.m. :D

greg

My best guess is about 5:30 - 6:00, probably sooner, but I always error about 1/2 hour more. It will be about a 5 hour ride from Waco. We plan on meeting there around 11:00 - 12:00 depending on when Mark can get a way. I should be in Waco by 11:00..

Packed the trailer last night . . . just made the decision this morning . . . We'll see you in ES.

Baggage, Scot . . . what route are you planning on taking? Deb and I may head up through Brewton, Montgomery, Birmingham, Tupelo and Memphis. Looks like less rain and there are CHEAP hotels available. There may be some around Little Rock but not much around Jackson - Vicksburg and Little Rock from here is quite a haul for one day, especially on two lanes. I'm like Flip . . I'll look at cobwebs and torn wallpaper. Just wanna catch a few ZZZ and then hit the road again.

Heard from Daryl yesterday and he's been feeiling poorly. Said he was going to decide today so we should be hearing from him too.

I feel poorly everyday. I'm geeting so I can't get my jacket on my shoulder aches all the time. I need it machined for a grease fitting. Those 'lubed for life' joints are a joke. The bike is packed...sitting in the driveway. I'm outta here at 2p.

The KC group is getting ready for Friday morning. Gustav is right on top of us with a cold slow rain. The weather morons say it will be out of here sometime Thursday, which means it will park its ass and be here all weekend. That's OK, rain turns to steam in my radiator :D.

Ride safe boys and girls....

Out at 9

Officially . . . the NWF bunch has been cut in half. Baggage1, Scot in exile, and myself are outta here in the morning. Cant wait to meet y'all . . .

Back