4 year bump. The thunderberd was polished, Everything about the bike felt modern and While the 2300 was a monster of an engine it had wiring niggles and a tranny that would remind us that England manufacturing had holes in its execution. The Tbird feels thoroughly modern and should last forever, just keep fresh oil in it.

I am a member of Triumph Riders MCC New Zealand and we have members all over the country in many chapters. There are several ladies who are members and all are respected by the guys as very capable riders...in fact a few are bloody hard to hang with. For me personally, i think its awesome!..They are great company when we do away trips and are an important part of our group.....Bring on the girls!!!

How things change. I no longer have any big bikes because of bad knees, one artificial one that still hurts all of the time and one 72 year old one. The the Nomad and the Touring gone, replaced by a couple of BMWs. I had an Indian Scout for about a year but I sold that to a friend. Very fast bike but with tiny 3 gal tank.

I miss my Triumphs. I had (at different times) a R3T, Bonnie T100 (That I turned into a cafe minus the downward bars), Tiger 1050, Thunderbird and a Speedmaster. I sold all of them because I moved to Arkansas and there isn't a triumph dealer in the state and, unfortunately, I don't know how to work on them. I currently have a 2019 Harley Electraglide Standard, but if there was a Triumph dealer in this state I would have the new 2.5 Rocket. That bike is KILLER!

As far as the Thunderbird goes, it was the absolute BEST cruiser style bike in its class I've ever ridden. It DESTROYED ANY Harley in its class, and I've had plenty of Harleys including the Street Bob which was a direct competitor to the TBird. The Street Bob was a joke compared to the TBird.

This is the only running Triumph that I have remaining. I've got a couple of basket cases that I need to get to.

Attachments

• Trophy.jpg
    Trophy.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 14
Back