$ 1000 is a Bargain (I think it would be dearer than that) I just was quoted $1250 for a set of Staintune's ( Cans only) still waiting for Quote for TORS from Brisons Newcastle ,OQUOTE]

TOR's for the Roadster are just over $600, less for the Tourer $395 on the Triumph Australia site

Last edited:
Anyone in Brisbane with a Standard prepared to take your bike in to Trev to see if the headers will fit, especially behind the brake master cylinder?
Well they fit! One pipe runs very close to the brake reservoir and I had to do some fiddling but it's good enough for now. Will post pics and details in a day or so once it's fully finished. But here it is; fitted straight up. Real precision workmanship.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I think ill get a set of these down the track and i like that megaphone muffler Richard where is that from mate and how does it sound. Id go with a megaphone

Nice job Richard, how does it run and have you put it on the dyno yet??

Bike runs great. Did a couple of decel pops in the first few minutes but none more. Pulling super smooth and stronger from low down. Haven't rung it's neck but as I rarely do anyway it's not going to be all that obvious, but I'm definitely using less throttle to get moving faster. Popped the front wheel up in second without trying. Might get it dyno'd but no hurry; confident the Dobeck's adjusted pretty close.

Yes, the pipe is Foran. Deep sound, rumble really; quite loud but not obnoxious.

This, by the way, illustrates the only modification I needed to do to make the pipes fit behind the brake reservoir. I thought about simply spacing it out but I couldn't move it enough and still get the nut on fully. Also thought about a longer bolt but the one there is pressed in and wouldn't easily budget. In the end it was easier to bend the bracket and grind off the protruding bit of the bolt. This placed the reservoir right up against the outside edge of the chrome cover. There is a small headshield that was resting on the pipe, which I just bent in slightly. I'm going to put some other material in that space too but I actually don't think it's needed. What's the worst that can happen? No back brake.......so what.
An alternative would be to space out the whole peg rail and get longer bolts, but it seemed a lot of unnecessary effort. Might suit those who don't want to bend anything though.

IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1238.JPG

No T.C. I wouldn't know. He is getting the plate laser cut somewhere and pressing the oval ports up himself. I think he got the cost down a bit from what Les's cost. The plate makes it easier to keep everything straight and true so it fits up and seals easily.

Thats correct Bruce, to produce the flange I had CNC machined worked out to expense to do as a production part

Back