Rear wheel etc back on

upload_2020-1-13_22-56-30.png

Front fender and wheel too

upload_2020-1-13_22-57-5.png

Oil pressure sensor back in then

upload_2020-1-13_22-57-30.png

upload_2020-1-13_22-57-56.png

upload_2020-1-13_22-58-38.png

Good time to go to undertank K&N RU-5111 and free up your underseat storage space

upload_2020-1-13_22-59-58.png

upload_2020-1-13_23-0-53.png

Coolant expansion bottle back on and topped up

upload_2020-1-13_23-0-23.png

Gear shifter, brake pedal, engine rails back on

upload_2020-1-13_23-2-0.png

Run all tests, load up map to suit, clear any fault codes if any, reset ISCV, balance throttles etc

upload_2020-1-13_23-2-57.png

Back on the road

upload_2020-1-13_23-3-35.png

Hi R-111-R Turbo,

I may have missed any previous discussion on this (sorry to ask again if there is a previous thread) but it looks like you have swapped in a S/Charged engine in?

What was the motivation to swap?....Cheers

Or was it the other way around?

The supercharged Carpenter engine came out, and the 2.5L stroker went in :D

Oh yes... initially.
But long term, it will be a 2.5L supercharged Carpenter engine... the largest Rocket III/3 engine, and one of the most powerful if not the most powerful.
LMAO.....I like your attitude brother!.....i may have to follow in your foot steps......

So I wonder, is there a practical point where more power is moot ? That is, at some point on the curve, any given suspension/tire combination is going lose traction, and having the capacity to generate the excess power costs a fuel delta whether used or not.

Of course, there are always bragging rights -- I get that.

So I wonder, is there a practical point where more power is moot ? That is, at some point on the curve, any given suspension/tire combination is going lose traction, and having the capacity to generate the excess power costs a fuel delta whether used or not.

I think your confusing pragmatism with Ego :)....

Frankly Joe....i have a TTS Stage I kit on mine (2010 roadster) at the moment (with 233bhp...etc etc) but i cant really find a place on the open road where I can safely utilize all the power (or where I'm willing to risk it...given I'm a fair to average rider and I'm now in my 50's)....I have the stage 2 kit in the garage and I'm only really going to put it on so the money doesn't go to waste (i don't really need the extra bhp and I'm not going any further down the bhp track)......but i can certainly admire Mr Turbo's attitude :)......

Starting blocks...all you need are starting blocks :thumbsup:

Back