Rocket III pricing

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I been looking at my local postings for used gen.1 Rockets. Both the Touring models and the Cruiser models. The pricing seems to be about 25% to 40% higher than a year ago. Are other members seeing the same or am I nuts. Careful…

While nobody wants to have them modern riding computers anymore, older bikes are getting more expensive.

I actually do not search, but I check the market occasionally and I see the same development with other bikes like XJR, MT-01 or older Moto Guzzi...

Old bikes - for example GSX1400 Suzuki - have rocketed in value. Some going for £9000. here in the UK. Old Rockets are the same.....

Speaking of older used bikes. There was something about putting the key in my older bikes and starting them up and taking off. The HD's, Yamaha's, Kawi's just turn the key and go. The 05 and 14 Rockets had to sweep and then off you go. The newer Rockets you grab the fob and turn it to green and place it in your pocket and make sure you don't get an 'out of range' notice, you then turn on the electrical from the off switch to on. Then you push up on the engine switch and it clears then you push down and wait a few seconds and start it. You then scroll around looking for the correct mode you want for the ride. Now you put on your readers to check your mileage, temp and time in tiny, tiny numbers. You take the readers off and accelerate down the road. This is fine but if you left the girls house running from the husband that came home early you're fu****. Next time take the Kawi. :thumbsup:

Ive been monitoring the used prices in the UK for a RIII since about May last year. They have definitely gone up by a lot - 2-3k. Probably a number of factors - more money available due to lack of holidays, combined with a lack of new bikes due to worldwide chip shortages. I work in IT and the lead time for Cisco component are running in to 140+ days up from about 28. Strange times

One thing is for sure, they dont sell for what they are worth, they are great motorcycles. Even my wife has fallen in love with the widowmaker, shes a harley girl for 50 years and now a triumph rocket convert. Shes says in her best thelma lou voice, the engineering is just so special😂, these bikes are really special.

Back