It was not your Rocket John as your bike has never been passed OKaloosa County to the east or Escambia county to the west or even into Alabama
In other words where the hell were you at Maggie Valley. :D

What? With all that Goat talk...scared the sheep out of me:bch:...There's counties further east and west? I thought with all the flat land I'd fall off if I went too far....

But seriously, last minute change of plans derailed my trip. Looks like AGAIN I missed a good time. The Texas run looks interesting but timing is the same as Barber....what to do...

This engine will last forever it's what surrounds it that is of concern....:D;)

Attachments

• Triumph_Rocket3_eclate-moteur_stpz.jpg
    Triumph_Rocket3_eclate-moteur_stpz.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 99
43k on mine no issues except valve cover (no. 4 currently)
I think if you were to get an early valve cover that has the groove around the edge, your gasket problem would be gone. My '05 is still using the factory installed gasket at nearly 100,000 miles.

The final number you are asking for is not specific. This forum has Captains who are more exper in repairing Triumphs than the Dealers. Some are Triumph Engineers. My knowledge is far less. I have 65,000 miles on one of mine. The engine seems strong as ever. No oil leaks or usage. I follow the manual on services. A few members , like warp 9.9., have my confidence. An old farmer once told me, “ You learn more by listening and reading than by talking”. ….

This is a really old post. The OP joined in May, 2013, asked the question, and was last seen one day later - I don't think we convinced him to buy a Rocket. 🤷‍♂️ He's probably on the Harley forums.

Of course the question itself is still relevant - My 2011 Roadster has 80,000 miles. My biggest repairs have been the final drive and drive shaft, which is very uncommon. I've found it to be a very reliable bike given the mileage and wear and tear that I put on it her. The biggest actual expense I've found, by far, is tires.

Someone here has a "survey" of Rockets with over 50K, I believe, that lists the issues we've had. Who was that? I'd like to update.

Back