RocketGuy

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3
Hi,

I recently had my GT foot controls moved from front to mid; since then my quickshifter hasn’t felt as smooth as it did when it was at the front.

It has sort of a clunking into gear feeling when it fully actuates, I can make it smoother again by very lightly feathering the gear change however sometimes that makes it attempt to change gear but stay in the previous gear.

Has anybody experienced this? Additionally when I go from neutral to first gear there’s always a sharp jolt and a bit of noise.

Any help would be appreciated, or assistance in altering the shifter to resolve the issue.

I took it to the dealer but they said it was acting normally however it feels off to me.

Hi,

I recently had my GT foot controls moved from front to mid; since then my quickshifter hasn’t felt as smooth as it did when it was at the front.

It has sort of a clunking into gear feeling when it fully actuates, I can make it smoother again by very lightly feathering the gear change however sometimes that makes it attempt to change gear but stay in the previous gear.

Has anybody experienced this? Additionally when I go from neutral to first gear there’s always a sharp jolt and a bit of noise.

Any help would be appreciated, or assistance in altering the shifter to resolve the issue.

I took it to the dealer but they said it was acting normally however it feels off to me.
If you have not checked make sure it is re-enabled in the menu

If it's not software, there's a mismatch of some sort between new hardware configuration and the force required to trigger the QS function.

On lesser bikes, this is often the result of a flexing linkage, where the linkage itself deflects under strain (Honda CBR1000s pretty much always have bent linkages because it's like 12" long).

On your GT, there may be something miss-adjusted.

If it's not software, there's a mismatch of some sort between new hardware configuration and the force required to trigger the QS function.

On lesser bikes, this is often the result of a flexing linkage, where the linkage itself deflects under strain (Honda CBR1000s pretty much always have bent linkages because it's like 12" long).

That sounds promising, how would I check this? Should I get the quickshifter install manual and go through it step by step and see if I can find the issue. I’m not very mechanically gifted so I’m not 100% sure what I’m doing.

Additionally, when I start the bike and periodically through a journey when I put it into first gear it’ll jerk slightly; is this normal?

Sounds likely, might also check clutch free travel, might need a little more free travel.

They adjusted the foot position and the shifter is smoother now, not perfect but a lot smoother.

However I still have that dreaded clunk into first from neutral; sometimes it doesn’t do it at all however most of the time it’s doing it.

Back