With the six pot Calipers on the front, the braking is significantly better, along with the 4 pot Caliper that I have fitted to the rear, overall braking is far superior to the stock set up.
This from riding, not theory.

These brakes control the weight of this bike so much better, riding hard through some hills a couple of weekends ago, had a wee punt with a KTM chook chaser and Thunderbird sport, obviously the Rocket is no "sport bike" but these Guys did not get away from me, they were quite surprised that I was still right with them at the next stop.
Also there was no brake fade, or anything to make me question the brake components.

This was the road.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

No Chicken strips here.

IMG_1791.JPG

Their master cylinder is 13/16ths, quite a bit bigger than 5/8ths, might be enough to give you the feel you want.

Pete, paul has a real good write up on his break upgrade, or I dreamed it sorry I can’t find it just ask paul to point you to his thread I think you’ll like

Joesmoe also added breaking to a touring which is probably in your weight range, again sorry I can’t give or point you to that thread, something to look at as you contemplate the suggestions you’ve gotten so far

I have the Pretech 6 pots on mine, initial bite seems similar, bit more overall stopping power as you increase pressure.

I’m gonna have to have more also when the aspiring one and lush racing do what they do on the widow maker. Looking into yours also Tripp’s, thanks for filling us in on what you’re stopping with the carp monster

With the six pot Calipers on the front, the braking is significantly better, along with the 4 pot Caliper that I have fitted to the rear, overall braking is far superior to the stock set up.
This from riding, not theory.

These brakes control the weight of this bike so much better, riding hard through some hills a couple of weekends ago, had a wee punt with a KTM chook chaser and Thunderbird sport, obviously the Rocket is no "sport bike" but these Guys did not get away from me, they were quite surprised that I was still right with them at the next stop.
Also there was no brake fade, or anything to make me question the brake components.

This was the road.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

No Chicken strips here.

IMG_1791.JPG
Chicken hair abuse will not be tolerated anywhere in the world.

Attachments

• B892FBBC-BD20-4FB9-97DC-277B67B7BEFE.jpeg
    B892FBBC-BD20-4FB9-97DC-277B67B7BEFE.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 6
  • B727C6DC-D03F-42A1-BBAC-404C8B74529C.jpeg
    B727C6DC-D03F-42A1-BBAC-404C8B74529C.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 5
Back