I doubt it, other than the engine and transmission, they share virtually no parts in common.

Good looking out Delaware Rider. I researched out of interest for purchasing your trunk. According to Viking’s website, their trunks fit both models. I don’t even see an option for Roadster vs Touring for the trunk. The Viking item numbers for the trunk (22923) are the same irrespective of model.

Triumph Viking Premium Leather Wrapped Hard Trunk

No they are not. The width where it mount to the skinny mud guard rails is different.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but Viking has the same part number for the trunk for both the Touring and Roadster models.

So what is the mounting/width difference and which is larger / smaller?

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but Viking has the same part number for the trunk for both the Touring and Roadster models.

So what is the mounting/width difference and which is larger / smaller?

That's because their mounting hardware is simply flat straps that sandwich your luggage rack between them. Same trunk/mounting hardware fits any bike with a rack..

Awesome. Good to know. Thank you so much.
I took the time to look at their video. So yes the trunck will fit any rack you can bolt the unistrut type braces underneath the rack. It will not be removable lit the R3T style rack is
Without further modifications. I was surprised they used the video. As you can look at the lid where it closes and can see it does not habe a uniform lip. Must of got by the QA inspection if there is one. I do use a trunk on my 07 every now and then. H&B but it also key locks onto a mount you afix to the luggage rack. Might have to look into sprucing it up with leather :)
20190812_200339.jpg

20190812_200317.jpg

Also I was amazed at howuch a weighted trunk changed the bikes maneuvering in the mountains especially above 85mph in fact make sure your prepared especially if your cruising at little faster. Its amazing how much the weight behind the rear axle wants to stand the bike up in a curve.

I took the time to look at their video. So yes the trunck will fit any rack you can bolt the unistrut type braces underneath the rack. It will not be removable lit the R3T style rack is
Without further modifications. I was surprised they used the video. As you can look at the lid where it closes and can see it does not habe a uniform lip. Must of got by the QA inspection if there is one. I do use a trunk on my 07 every now and then. H&B but it also key locks onto a mount you afix to the luggage rack. Might have to look into sprucing it up with leather :)
20190812_200339.jpg

20190812_200317.jpg

Also I was amazed at howuch a weighted trunk changed the bikes maneuvering in the mountains especially above 85mph in fact make sure your prepared especially if your cruising at little faster. Its amazing how much the weight behind the rear axle wants to stand the bike up in a curve.

That’s excellent feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time with such a thorough researched response. I’m not dissuaded about getting one, but this will be my first bike with a mounted trunk, so it’s good to anticipate the change in riding dynamics.

After all the input from forum members, I’ll contact Viking directly to be sure I’m able to take advantage of the quick mount and likely see if they actually have a Roadster specific setup. If all of the applications are Touring setups which they have just made work, I definitely won’t want to pay Roadster prices for a Touring setup :thumbsup:

Back